Ahhh, the Defense!! | The Boneyard

Ahhh, the Defense!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As always, after watching us blow out yet another Top Ten team, one predicted to be a real test for our young team, I am impressed with our talented players, but even moreso by Geno and staff. Lots of players have natural basketball smarts and can shoot really well, but the kind of stifling defensive show we've been putting on, well, that's all about coaching. We took TAM so completely out of their offense that they looked pathetically ragged, and became a turnover machine from the opening tip. Show me a team that plays D with such relentless aggression, one that makes even its most vaunted opponents struggle to put up 50, and I'll show you a team that has a chance to go all the way. Yes, we're young (and next year we're going to be young and untouchable), and yes, with youth, we naturally worry about inconsistency, but we're showing NO inconsistency on the D side of the ball. We're blessed with several scorers, someone always steps up on that end. On D, everyone steps up in order to play for this coach. Hats off to him!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
As always, after watching us blow out yet another Top Ten team, one predicted to be a real test for our young team, I am impressed with our talented players, but even moreso by Geno and staff. Lots of players have natural basketball smarts and can shoot really well, but the kind of stifling defensive show we've been putting on, well, that's all about coaching. We took TAM so completely out of their offense that they looked pathetically ragged, and became a turnover machine from the opening tip. Show me a team that plays D with such relentless aggression, one that makes even its most vaunted opponents struggle to put up 50, and I'll show you a team that has a chance to go all the way. Yes, we're young (and next year we're going to be young and untouchable), and yes, with youth, we naturally worry about inconsistency, but we're showing NO inconsistency on the D side of the ball. We're blessed with several scorers, someone always steps up on that end. On D, everyone steps up in order to play for this coach. Hats off to him!
Well said, part of the real beauty yesterday was everyone scored 6 players in double figures from 10-14 points. Great balance.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
This is really the area I think the team is better in than last year with Maya. Maya was allowed to kind of roam like a safety and try to pick off passes in the open court. She was also an excellent help defender, and the team relied heavily on that.
This year, with no Maya, everyone has really stepped up. Defensive rotations look crisp, on ball pressure is better and Bria and Tiff have both improved. Plus, it helps to have fresh bodies to put in!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Well said, part of the real beauty yesterday was everyone scored 6 players in double figures from 10-14 points. Great balance.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger