Agata Makurat | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Agata Makurat

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Uh hmmmm ... if you go back to last Spring I brought this 3rd Makurat Agata to the Board's attention. In fairness, she is a long way out; but Geno started attending Paige's games in the 8th grade. There is a fundamental difference between the development of young ballers in Europe and the US. In Europe the emphasis is on practice and fundamentals. Many leagues play one game a week. In the US it is more about games with multiple huge tournaments.

PS. @Argonaut was right there too.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Uh hmmmm ... if you go back to last Spring I brought this 3rd Makurat Agata to the Board's attention. In fairness, she is a long way out; but Geno started attending Paige's games in the 8th grade. There is a fundamental difference between the development of young ballers in Europe and the US. In Europe the emphasis is on practice and fundamentals. Many leagues play one game a week. In the US it is more about games with multiple huge tournaments.

The positive returns Ana's overall play is obviously giving Geno must certainly make it easier to consider more European players seriously.

Reaction Score
It’s an argument often raised in softball travel teams. What helps more, lots of games or lots of practice? Basketball has fewer players in action at any one time and so is a bit different in terms of what players get out of games. I leaned toward practice where a short stop handles hundreds of plays rather than a dozen at most in a game but mine might be a minority vote and certainly my own granddaughter at age 12 pitched four games in a day. She got much of her practice in games but did the centerfielder? Practice makes permanent.

Reaction Score
From the looks of the little sister's speed, shooting, passing and ball handling it just might be Geno would want to getta anotha! Like her attitude that she'll be the best.
I'm also impressed by her ability to cut to open spaces on the floor. Plus, there was one box out that was Charles Oakleyesque.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
From the looks of the little sister's speed, shooting, passing and ball handling it just might be Geno would want to getta anotha! Like her attitude that she'll be the best.
Okay let's just draw our bows just a little slower okay. She's just 15 and to my eyes she has a lot to work on. She doesn't actually appear particularly quick or athletic. I didn't see much of anything of her off the dribble, not one crossover or in/out dribble. Every drive was a straight line drive to the hoop. Now clearly she's a gunner when her feet are set. She'll need to work on her pull up. She does move well without the ball and she has good BB instincts, and she may have to move to the wing as she moves up in competition. But let's see what happens and how things shake out, when she's not the tallest girl on the floor. She's got a nice start on her career and having her sisters playing college ball here in the US is a major plus.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a good D1 player description but not at the UConn level.

frankly it sounds somewhat similar to big sister's game....................got most of the package other then the consistent shot................that's the final piece of the puzzle to go from a solid college player to a big time star.............

Reaction Score
Okay let's just draw our bows just a little slower okay. She's just 15 and to my eyes she has a lot to work on. She doesn't actually appear particularly quick or athletic. I didn't see much of anything of her off the dribble, not one crossover or in/out dribble. Every drive was a straight line drive to the hoop. Now clearly she's a gunner when her feet are set. She'll need to work on her pull up. She does move well without the ball and she has good BB instincts, and she may have to move to the wing as she moves up in competition. But let's see what happens and how things shake out, when she's not the tallest girl on the floor. She's got a nice start on her career and having her sisters playing college ball here in the US is a major plus.
Plus, she’ll be 6’3”+ (projected to be taller than both sisters), with a long range shot.

Reaction Score

I haven't seen videos of any other recruits when they were this age, but consider this:
The video shows her age as 14 and her birth date as 17/12/2004 (in the international system that means she was born on December 17, 2004) so it appears this video was showing her playing in 2019 when she was 14. She doesn't turn 18 until the end of 2022, so maybe we should cut her some slack.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Think about what you stated. She is only 15. She has time to improve in the areas in which she needs to improve.

Reaction Score
The article I read said she was projected to be the tallest of the 3 girls, and the oldest is 6’3”. To me, Anna looks taller than Kyra, so I’m not convinced she’s only 6’1” tall.
Yes, in sports basketball players are always taller and football linemen heavier in program book but in this case Anna is either at least an inch taller or everyone else an inch shorter.
Hey, as much as I think she deserves serious consideration by UConn, if you really want to derail that I will pass on her name to J R Payne at my other favorite team, Colorado, who is enjoying success at Colorado with a team of her recruits. In Sherrod she has already shown the foresight to grab the girl who may prove to be the best freshman point guard of the year from obscurity as well as two other excellent foreigners. Teams that can’t compete with established big college teams need to mine foreign fields just as Geno did when faced with a bleak U.S. recruiting class. Still, eight years of Makurats at UConn....one can dream.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Think about what you stated. She is only 15. She has time to improve in the areas in which she needs to improve.
I'm not sure, but I think that's pretty much what I said, although I was willing to delineate her weaknesses.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure, but I think that's pretty much what I said, although I was willing to delineate her weaknesses.
I am not sure this kind of film can actually show serious weaknesses. Not saying they might not be there. Besides weaknesses in talented players can be fixed. Paige, for example, doesn’t look like she could guard a chair. Well, a good chair.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am not sure this kind of film can actually show serious weaknesses. Not saying they might not be there. Besides weaknesses in talented players can be fixed. Paige, for example, doesn’t look like she could guard a chair. Well, a good chair.

I think chairs are getting a bad name. Some of those suckers can move;)

1580212875072.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom