After roster shakeup, UConn guard Andre Jackson is ready to take charge | Page 2 | The Boneyard

After roster shakeup, UConn guard Andre Jackson is ready to take charge

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'“It’s rare in today’s game how much [Jackson] cares about his team and this program winning,” Hurley said. “You cherish it because you don’t know how much longer guys with that mentality are coming in.”

ok, 24 posts in, and no one touched this obvious headscratcher.
sumone should say it, so i'll do it.
Hurley said. “You cherish it because you don’t know how much longer guys with that mentality are coming in.”
what the heck does this mean? aren't you the coach, danny? aren't you the one yakking for years aboot 'program, culture, yadda yadda yadda?'
aren't you the one deciding who comes here? why can't you find guys with that mentality to bring in?

please. no beagle responses. we don't need another lecture on how it's all sooo diff now, on how it's all evolving into mercenary ball, and sumhow team spirit is a thing of the past. nonsense. human personality traits are still mostly the same as back in the day, when we first started wearing pants.

Reaction Score
'“It’s rare in today’s game how much [Jackson] cares about his team and this program winning,” Hurley said. “You cherish it because you don’t know how much longer guys with that mentality are coming in.”

ok, 24 posts in. this will be the dreaded 25th, bottom of the page one. like i care. sumone should say it, so i'll do it.
Hurley said. “You cherish it because you don’t know how much longer guys with that mentality are coming in.”
what the heck does this mean? aren't you the coach, danny? aren't you the one yakking for years aboot 'program, culture, yadda yadda yadda?'
aren't you the one deciding who comes here? why can't you find guys with that mentality to bring in?

please. no beagle responses. we don't need another lecture on how it's all sooo diff now, on how it's all evolving into mercenary ball, and sumhow team spirit is a thing of the past. nonsense. human personality traits are still mostly the same as back in the day, when we first started wearing pants.
If you don't see how much the game has changed in the last two or three years, you are missing the obvious. The notion of Corey Floyd Jr. red-shirting to preserve his eligibility for 2025-26 was absolutely absurd. It's a here and now world unfortunately. Andre is a building block, and by all accounts a very hard worker. A bit of a throw back.

Reaction Score

CFJ, Akok and Diggins all bled blue until they didn't. Things change, people change, DH can recruit 13 players who all appear to be the best and most loyal, there's never a 4-year "I'll always put UConn first and me second" warranty on high-school seniors.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
he can jump up better than anyone on the team but for some reason he can’t use his wrist to shoot the ball quickly. He’s all arm. Do I have this right?
Biggest issue is he shoots from shoulder height. Great for shot putters. Not so much for basketball players.

Reaction Score

Just a word of friendly warning. You are breaking character in your posts lately. You have been sounding rational and somewhat like a normal person. I don't like it as much as your old "I'm so high, I'm barely coherent" personality. Just one man's opinion...

Reaction Score
When you watch Coby Jones from Xavier, who has some similarities in his game, he finishes very well. No reason Andre can't be a good finisher like Jones. That to me is as important or more important than the 3 pt shooting improving. He's got to be a threat to go all the way. No reason he can't.

Reaction Score
When you watch Coby Jones from Xavier, who has some similarities in his game, he finishes very well. No reason Andre can't be a good finisher like Jones. That to me is as important or more important than the 3 pt shooting improving. He's got to be a threat to go all the way. No reason he can't.
Jones is a much more fluid basketball player than Jackson. Any shot Jackson takes outside of dunks just looks so awkward and unnatural. I don't know how you fix that or if it is fixable at this point.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Attacking the rim should be his bread & butter.
By the end of next season he should have the most insane highlight reel in program history.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Jones is a much more fluid basketball player than Jackson. Any shot Jackson takes outside of dunks just looks so awkward and unnatural. I don't know how you fix that or if it is fixable at this point.
Actually, his floater in the lane on an aborted drive is sweet/

Reaction Score
I disagree. That is a terrible shot for someone with his size and athleticism. And considering he was only 46% from two this year with a ton of dunks I don't think it was that sweet of a shot.

Reaction Score
As long as the floater is close to the basket. Those 12-15 foot floaters are ugly and not a good percentage shot.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
there's never a 4-year "I'll always put UConn first and me second" warranty on high-school seniors
I’m not sure there has to be, or even should be one. He’s young men are looking to do whatever it takes to optimize their chance at having a career playing professionally. Most times, I would expect that to lineup with staying at UConn, but sometimes, at least in the perception of the player, it may not. So be it. As long as they don’t crap on the University on their way out the door, I will wish them well.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
As long as the floater is close to the basket. Those 12-15 foot floaters are ugly and not a good percentage shot.
Inside the it's taken with forward momentum, so as long as he goes up inside the foul line, I'm OK with it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Just a word of friendly warning. You are breaking character in your posts lately. You have been sounding rational and somewhat like a normal person. I don't like it as much as your old "I'm so high, I'm barely coherent" personality. Just one man's opinion...
No beagle responses was pretty good though.

Reaction Score

Yeah, the reason no one else took issue with that statement is that we all understand that reality you're pretending doesn't exist.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
lies. all lies.
on the udder hand, it is possible that my anger over being the jilted lover for a squad that has significantly departed, has focused my thoughts in a more transparent way.

nah. lets have a tune to celebrate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom