After Many Hits, Shirreffs OK With Backup Role; Focus Now On Fatherhood (Mike Anthony) | The Boneyard

After Many Hits, Shirreffs OK With Backup Role; Focus Now On Fatherhood (Mike Anthony)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thinking about it... Bryant potentially indicating he is not returning for 2017 (since he is graduating/has a kid on the way) adds some clarity to burning Williams' redshirt. 2017 needs to be "the" year for this staff and with literally no QB competition for next summer, why not spend 4 weeks getting Donovan valuable game experience so we can collect an extra couple wins next September?

Reaction Score
he made it impossible because he was too stubborn to not listen to the NC State coaches. He's a fullback attempting to play QB and it's not a great recipe.

Sounds like this is his final season. Likable kid who had an impossible situation

Reaction Score
With this going on, maybe that is the primary reason, (he is not coming back) behind starting DW besides all the other stated obvious etc....

Reaction Score
he made it impossible because he was too stubborn to not listen to the NC State coaches. He's a fullback attempting to play QB and it's not a great recipe.
To be fair, after watching how DW played with our offensive line, I think that if BS had a middle of the road O-Line he would have been much better and not as willing to tuck and run.
Our O-line is putrid. Plain and simple. Hard to judge a QB with it.

Reaction Score
You're lost. I said 10,000x I think he plays hard.

I just don't understand these decisions these kids make that have huge effects on their lives and why they don't listen to professionals in the process. Their choice.

Having said that, it was probably fate, he met his future wife. Wish him the best.

I just hope UConn learns a lesson and stops taking these transfers where another program, with much better resources, basically says "No, you have zero skills to play QB."

You are insufferable.

Reaction Score

I just don't understand these decisions these kids make that have huge effects on their lives and why they don't listen to professionals in the process. Their choice.

Having said that, it was probably fate, he met his future wife. Wish him the best.

I just hope UConn learns a lesson and stops taking these transfers where another program, with much better resources, basically says "No, you have zero skills to play QB."

Schools didn't want Lamar Jackson to play quarterback... look how that turned out

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

One of the reasons we got Williams to UConn was because we told him he would be at QB - most other places wanted him in other positions from what I understand. Maybe "professionals" don't all come to the same conclusion?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
(A)I just don't understand these decisions these kids make that have huge effects on their lives and why they don't listen to professionals in the process.

(B)Their choice.

A is your question.
B is the answer.

It's all right there.

Reaction Score
So it's looking like the backup next year is a true frosh or a walk on?

Talk about mismanagement of the most important position on,the roster.

Reaction Score
So it's looking like the backup next year is a true frosh or a walk on?

Talk about mismanagement of the most important position on,the roster.

Yeah it sounds like we'll have 2 scholarship QBs and a pair of walk-ons.

Reaction Score
Yeah it sounds like we'll have 2 scholarship QBs and a pair of walk-ons.
Bisack earned a scholarship recently....that would make 3 scholarship QB's and 1 walk-on.

Reaction Score

LMFAO. You don't have any clue whether that's the conclusion they came to. You just made it up. Like most of your other posts.

Reaction Score
Not all is lost for BS. UCONN brought him a smokeshow fiance and a baby on the way. More to life for him than just football.

Reaction Score
Not all is lost for BS. UCONN brought him a smokeshow fiance and a baby on the way. More to life for him than just football.
Absolutely agree.....
If he stays in Storrs, has one more year of eligibility, can be used in a variety of ways, that is
1) if accepted into grad. school
2) maybe wants to remain and utilize last year of eligibility as a slot receiver....

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Absolutely agree.....
If he stays in Storrs, has one more year of eligibility, can be used in a variety of ways, that is
1) if accepted into grad. school
2) maybe wants to remain and utilize last year of eligibility as a slot receiver....
He's taken enough hits and now has a family to worry about. Just don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom