After ESPN went off the air- What really struck me after the game | The Boneyard

After ESPN went off the air- What really struck me after the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Was the pride, sense of accomplishment & pure joy the entire team felt after executing for the entire game. I have been witness & present to a lot of big wins. I am not sure I have ever felt and noticed that a UConn team ever felt a larger sense of accomplishment and let themselves really enjoy the moment the way they did. Maybe the N Dame NCAA semi Final a couple years ago was another game that matched this. And maybe it was magnified by being in front of their real home crowd with the huge student section. It was Much more than their body language in Nashville last year. Ours and the team's expectation of winning is so automatic, that our girls I think, don't totally enjoy a lot of their great wins the way they deserve to or should. They were proud, glowing, and knew they played an almost flawless game for the ages in front of a rockin home crowd.
KML & Stewie were especially glowing and remained on the court for a long long time after the game. Taking pics with and in the student section and children around the court. And Kalena was just soaking it all in and her performance like I've never seen her before. I think she was realizing the end is near, and this game & her phenomenal performances here at Gampel were coming to a close. And it also could have been some relief about some of the craziness she has dealt with this season. This was better than most Big East Tmt championships and other big Duke , Stanford, No Car home wins. It was really really special after ESPN shut down- thought I'd share this!!! :) they were everywhere yesterday!

Reaction Score
Was the pride, sense of accomplishment & pure joy the entire team felt after executing for the entire game. I have been witness & present to a lot of big wins. I am not sure I have ever felt and noticed that a UConn team ever felt a larger sense of accomplishment and let themselves really enjoy the moment the way they did. Maybe the N Dame NCAA semi Final a couple years ago was another game that matched this. And maybe it was magnified by being in front of their real home crowd with the huge student section. It was Much more than their body language in Nashville last year. Ours and the team's expectation of winning is so automatic, that our girls I think, don't totally enjoy a lot of their great wins the way they deserve to or should. They were proud, glowing, and knew they played an almost flawless game for the ages in front of a rockin home crowd.
KML & Stewie were especially glowing and remained on the court for a long long time after the game. Taking pics with and in the student section and children around the court. And Kalena was just soaking it all in and her performance like I've never seen her before. I think she was realizing the end is near, and this game & her phenomenal performances here at Gampel were coming to a close. And it also could have been some relief about some of the craziness she has dealt with this season. This was better than most Big East Tmt championships and other big Duke , Stanford, No Car home wins. It was really really special after ESPN shut down- thought I'd share this!!! :) they were everywhere yesterday!
Great observation. Glad they could enjoy it - we don't have Tennessee to get that satisfaction from anymore.

(BTW, ESPN never goes off the air)

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Great observation. Glad they could enjoy it - we don't have Tennessee to get that satisfaction from anymore.

It's true, it has become so matter of fact that they are often cheated as a result.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score

When they cut away from the game! :)

Reaction Score
There was a lot of relief and pride that the team met with Geno's satisfaction. I think more Pride than anything else.
Don't think winning was the top priority last night. I saw several instances of the girls glancing over at Geno after certain actions. They need his approval over all else. What a great team.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I especially liked the super huge smile on the 8th grader's face after she jumped back over the bench into the field of play
The cameras missed it, but Doris was all over Geno's running down the sideline and fist-pumping to Mo.
His approval means a lot to that fair lass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom