After Boatright, who do you think are the next most important players to step up? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

After Boatright, who do you think are the next most important players to step up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Boat is clearly #1

After that:

2. Brimah - cut down on fouls, finish with back to basket, better rebounding out of area will be priorities
3. Hamilton - I think he's going to be RIP2, but boat mentioned he needs to add consistency. That will be key.
4. Purvis - I think we know what we are getting with Purvis. Good shooting, highlight athleticism, solid player/scorer.
5. Facey - This one is huge. If Facey can drop in 8-12 points a game from the pinchpost or on spot up 3s to open up space, we are golden.

I think the 4 stated have the highest upside on our team, and so the maximizing of that upside and determining high quality roles will be critical.

Samuel and Nolan have great niches already carved out and will be excellent Energy/Defense/Toughness players. Lubin, Cassell, and Calhoun(unfortunately) are complete mysteries going into the season, for different reasons.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The thread is about which players will "step up", which to me means being a lot better year over year.

1) Brimah - at year end I thought Brimah was poised for a breakout year in 2014-2015 that would have him in the conversations for an early entrance to the NBA draft. That is a lot less likely with the shoulder injury costing him the offseason. I still think he will be much improved.

2) Samuel - Guards typically make a big jump between freshman and sophomore year, and I expect Samuel to go from exciting tasmanian devil to more polished guard.

3) Facey - I think Facey has the pieces and just needs to get more comfortable on the court. I expect him to be much improved.

I don't know how much upside is left for Nolan. He is a nice big man, but not a candidate to really make a big jump in my opinion. I think Omar will be one of those "what could have been" players if injuries had not stunted his development. I am expecting Purvis to start and be a star, so I don't know if that qualifies as stepping up or not.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Brimah has the potential to be a lottery pick. Purvis top-20. Both could lead us to a title.

The people saying Calhoun..........

Reaction Score
1. Rodney needs to come out "as advertised". I don't expect him to fill Bazz's void but definitely put a dent on it.
2. Combined output of Hamilton and Nolan should be close to Giffey and Daniels. I see Nolan starting at the 4 with Brimah starting at the 5. Facey being the first big off the bench. If the guards are hot then Lubin might get the nod.
3. Facey should produce more than Olander. Area we can make up points.
4. TSam and Omar combined contribution should surpass TSam's contribution last year. Omar's contribution here is huge since he has shown he can produce. Area where we make up points.
5. Cassell's contribution for resting one of the guards (TSam's role) or filling in for Kromah should be a wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom