After a little reflection. That was our worse defensive game in a decade. | The Boneyard

After a little reflection. That was our worse defensive game in a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the Middle Tennessee game in 2002 0r 03 was worse. The three play TD drive at the end of the first half atrocious. Both the DL and DBs were completely outclassed. The LBs were only slightly better.

Here's the thing. I don't get it. This is a decent defense. Yes, we have had pass rush problems all years. But they had guys running free in the secondary with no one on them. The QB had six seconds to pass on some plays. Besides the soft play, we were confused all day.

And all anyone talks about is the offense.

Reaction Score
I think the Middle Tennessee game in 2002 0r 03 was worse. The three play TD drive at the end of the first half atrocious. Both the DL and DBs were completely outclassed. The LBs were only slightly better.

Here's the thing. I don't get it. This is a decent defense. Yes, we have had pass rush problems all years. But they had guys running free in the secondary with no one on them. The QB had six seconds to pass on some plays. Besides the soft play, we were confused all day.

I believe the game in Morgantown with a chance to win the conference takes the cake.

Reaction Score
This reminded me of the Navy game in 2006. I thought by half time the defense had basically packed its bags and headed for the airport. It was painfully clear that the offense was not going to produce anything. Also similar to last year's Syracuse game. But I agree that it was pretty bad.

Reaction Score

Not me dude. I was livid with the defensive secondary on Saturday, and I wrote it. I also got in trouble last week, when I said the defense wasn't playing well enough to win against USF. I think our linebackers, and DT's actually played a decent game on Saturday, but the DE's and the entire secondary need a giant foot stuck up their azzes.

Reaction Score
Defense got torched on Saturday, because they weren't fundamentally disciplined in their assignments, that's it. Go and watch the replay, watch how many times our safeties and CB's are frozen looking into the backfield for the split second, which is all it takes, to get run by on the big plays, or worse, are attacking the line of scrimmage off the snap and no where to be found when the pass goes over the top. I'm pretty sure that Fogarty, played QB, and was a QB coach before Pasqualoni hired him to be the defensive secondary coach for the first time in his life. I have no idea what the defensive game plan was, but I'm guessing based on what we saw, that they spent the majority of the week - the entire D - prepping to stop Cincy's run game, and the defensive secondary forgot the basic fundamental that they are pass first defenders.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Navy. Nothing has yet to top the Navy debacle from a defensive standpoint.

Absolutely!!!

Worst games defensively from the last decade:

1) Navy 2006
2) WVU 2007
3) tie - Louisville 2006/This past Saturday

Reaction Score

That day was the gold standard of bad UConn big time football up until the home opener this year, at which time it was completely eclipsed.

Reaction Score
2nd that.. You can't plan for an option team unless you play them every year. The 1st play was like a 70 yard touchdown pass and it went downhill from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom