AEH | The Boneyard

AEH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
with some players, their games and ability are as much, if not more, psychological, than talent. With AEH, I believe, it is all personal confidence in her game, and a bit of having a very strong personal ego. The more that "She" believes she is one of, if not "The Leaders" on the team, the greater her success on the court will be. Not saying having a "Strong EGO" is a bad or good thing, it's just possibly "Her Thing" (and with this type of Personality, I believe this did NOT mesh well at all with Geno, causing a HUGE personality clash, which caused the breakup). FOR AEH, GOOD FOR HER

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
with some players, their games and ability are as much, if not more, psychological, than talent. With AEH, I believe, it is all personal confidence in her game, and a bit of having a very strong personal ego. The more that "She" believes she is one of, if not "The Leaders" on the team, the greater her success on the court will be. Not saying having a "Strong EGO" is a bad or good thing, it's just possibly "Her Thing" (and with this type of Personality, I believe this did NOT mesh well at all with Geno, causing a HUGE personality clash, which caused the breakup). FOR AEH, GOOD FOR HER
So let me see if I understand correctly: Geno does not mesh well with players that have a "strong ego"? That theory about AEH having to be one of "the leaders" to perform well sure wasn't evident at FIBA Americas in 2015 when she was designated a team captain and starter. That team result was U.S. suffering first loss in U16 history and individually AEH shot 29% while leading the team in FG attempts. I do wish her well but let's not try and revise her history-the BY has too many elephants for that.

Reaction Score
So let me see if I understand correctly: Geno does not mesh well with players that have a "strong ego"? That theory about AEH having to be one of "the leaders" to perform well sure wasn't evident at FIBA Americas in 2015 when she was designated a team captain and starter. That team result was U.S. suffering first loss in U16 history and individually AEH shot 29% while leading the team in FG attempts. I do wish her well but let's not try and revise her history-the BY has too many elephants for that.

Coco. I did not say that Geno has a problem meshing well with players who have a strong ego. I said that I believe that Geno had a problem meshing with AEH, whose strong personal ego, did not meld well with Geno's Coaching personality and philosophy. As far as AEH's results on the 2015 FIBA Team, I can't answer to that, but I do know that when she was "The It Player" on her Senior Year at Ossining HS, she was very successful "On The Court". When AEH came in to take Bibby's spot on that MSST Team, that year, with Vic, showing allot of confidence in what she could bring, she had 'some' success. Now at Seton Hall, they are 'apparently' allowing AEH to provide the needed spark and 'experienced leadership' that a team of Seton Hall's statue (of course, SHU is NOT a National Powerhouse) needs today. BOTTOM LINE: We all know that AEH and GENO were "NOT" a fit at all. Not every relationship works out as originally intended. Well all know that it certainly worked out for Geno and UCONN and I hope that ultimately her now being at Seton Hall and hopefully having a tremendous positive impact on this team, works out well for AEH.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
AEH can thrive in other programs such as SH because they are more likely to need her strengths and not worry or try to fix her weaknesses especially since this is essentially a rental. I have a feeling AEH will not get 7 3's against UConn.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
To believe Geno, and I do, AEH repeatedly failed to do what she was told to do and she was invited to leave the program. Nothing to do with a personality conflict; all to do with behavior of a freshman acting immaturely (at best).

Reaction Score
To believe Geno, and I do, AEH repeatedly failed to do what she was told to do and she was invited to leave the program. Nothing to do with a personality conflict; all to do with behavior of a freshman acting immaturely (at best).

No matter how you call it, and it very well could be that AEH refused to listen to and to do what she was told to do by Geno OR it could be something in the middle or something totally different. Bottom line - They didn't see "Eye To Eye" and thus the "Divorce" (Remember it takes 2 to Tango and neither wanted to lead in "This Dance")

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
No matter how you call it, and it very well could be that AEH refused to listen to and to do what she was told to do by Geno OR it could be something in the middle or something totally different. Bottom line - They didn't see "Eye To Eye" and thus the "Divorce" (Remember it takes 2 to Tango and neither wanted to lead in "This Dance")
No it doesn't take two to Tango. Geno is the Coach, AEH was his player.

Reaction Score
Whats up with how players are "modifying" the uniform. AEH does this a lot. Rolling up the short in the front etc. I dont think this kind of stuff would fly at UCONN.

Reaction Score
Whats up with how players are "modifying" the uniform. AEH does this a lot. Rolling up the short in the front etc. I dont think this kind of stuff would fly at UCONN.
Agreed. AEH flies by her own fashion choice and I would strongly suspect that this would NOT go well at UCONN

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
You must have missed the obligatory thread drifts that, every 6-8 weeks, basically devolve into a bunch of old men griping about how young women choose to wear their uniforms.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You must have missed the obligatory thread drifts that, every 6-8 weeks, basically devolve into a bunch of old men griping about how young women choose to wear their uniforms.
:eek:Couple of quick reminders there are some old women among us please be respectful and more inclusive. The moderators don’t like it when you call us old. Geriatric, elderly, or plain old farts is much less offensive and far more accurate.:D

Centerstream

Reaction Score
My only gripe is that basketball teams wear "uniforms". By definition, they should all wear them identically.
Aren't there rules about tucking their shirts in? And rules about the color of an "undershirt" if a player opts to wear one? But no rules concerning their shorts or footwear. Why?
When I wore my uniform while in the service, you can bet that all E-6 and below personnel looked identical.
But this is a new century and traditional things are becoming less traditional as each day comes and goes.

Reaction Score
I’ve noticed several players wearing their shorts shorter and tighter. I can’t help but wonder if we are seeing the beginnings of a transition from the oversized, baggy look that has been prevalent since the 90s? Not seeing any changes on the men’s side though. Probably just players personal preference, I guess.

Plebe

Reaction Score
My only gripe is that basketball teams wear "uniforms". By definition, they should all wear them identically.
Aren't there rules about tucking their shirts in? And rules about the color of an "undershirt" if a player opts to wear one? But no rules concerning their shorts or footwear. Why?
When I wore my uniform while in the service, you can bet that all E-6 and below personnel looked identical.
But this is a new century and traditional things are becoming less traditional as each day comes and goes.
I hear what you're saying. But should the military standard of uniform homogeneity really apply to all types of uniforms and in all settings?

Let's say we visit an auto repair garage and one worker has elected to rip the sleeves from his uniform shirt for a sleeveless look, or another chooses to wear his uniform shirt untucked, should we start to lecture them about how they're making a mockery of all that is good and virtuous in the world? I would think not.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The NCAA used to have a uniform policy, but I don't know if they still do. By the looks of it they don't. If the players don't like the long shorts, get the shorter ones, don't tuck it in and look like you're wearing a diaper. CD would never let a player do such a thing, they are one of the best looking teams on any floor. They (UConn players) represent both the school and the sport with class.

Reaction Score
I hear what you're saying. But should the military standard of uniform homogeneity really apply to all types of uniforms and in all settings?

Let's say we visit an auto repair garage and one worker has elected to rip the sleeves from his uniform shirt for a sleeveless look, or another chooses to wear his uniform shirt untucked, should we start to lecture them about how they're making a mockery of all that is good and virtuous in the world? I would think not.

People complain about the color of uniforms or the design and it's no big deal. So why is this such a big deal if someone wants to complain?

Plebe

Reaction Score
People complain about the color of uniforms or the design and it's no big deal. So why is this such a big deal if someone wants to complain?
Did I say it was a big deal? In fact my stance is that the shorts style "controversy" is just that: no big deal. But the sanctimonious tone of many of the complaints would suggest it's quite a huge deal.

Reaction Score
Looking sloppy anywhere is not good.
You really are old, oh wait can't say that, you are more of an old fart than I am, and I am really an old fart. But anyway, you must not see the young ladies today pay extra to get blue jeans with rips or holes, or if you pay a real lot extra, you get both.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I’m not old or a man.

The fixation around here on how players wear their shorts is weird.

let it go GIF

Centerstream

Reaction Score

Only if the garage has rules concerning the wearing of the uniform, which the NCAA does. I guess I missed making my point in that if the NCAA has rules about how a part of the uniform must be worn, why not do it for the complete uniform?
As far as the military reference...it was to give an example of what "uniform" meant to me in the service.
Oh and it ain't no big deal to me because our Huskies wear their bottoms/shorts as they were made. It's just a minor gripe when it comes to our opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom