AE Big East Freshman of the Week | The Boneyard

AE Big East Freshman of the Week

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
She's been dynamic. Well deserved.

Unrelated observation... Since she got cracked in the mouth a few games ago, I thought she'd opt for a mouthguard of some sort. She hasn't. I sure would. Clearly she's tougher than me.

Reaction Score

Unrelated observation... Since she got cracked in the mouth a few games ago, I thought she'd opt for a mouthguard of some sort. She hasn't. I sure would. Clearly she's tougher than me.

I've been wondering the same myself. Having a mouth guard has protected my daughter more times than I care to count.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She is improving in so many ways so quickly

Better FT's
Less silly fouls
Superior Help Defense and aggressive 1-1 defense all the way out to 3pt line and she never ever has her hands down. (Apparently it is possible)
More confident Mid range
Better finishing and beginning to get some quality back to the basket post moves

Wonder what she will unveil in the BE tournament.

Reaction Score
Don't know how all the other players in the Big East performed, but how about Aaliyah for Big East player of the week.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
For most if not all elite level talented players, there's a point in time where that talent links up with confidence. That's when it clicks in their mind and they "get it". They stop worrying about mistakes and getting yanked and without thinking, they allow that talent to start compounding. Then they become a major problem for the opposition and coaches start gameplanning for them. That's the danger zone that Edwards is starting to roll into. And I can't wait.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know it is heresy to ask but who would you rather have: Edwards or Boston? Well, both of course, but I am wondering about Boston’s stamina.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Better FT's
Less silly fouls

Superior Help Defense and aggressive 1-1 defense all the way out to 3pt line and she never ever has her hands down. (Apparently it is possible)
More confident Mid range
Better finishing and beginning to get some quality back to the basket post moves

Like Napheesa Collier and Gabby Williams, Aaliyah is not afraid to "bang" and get after it in the paint on either end of the court. I remember many times seeing Collier and Williams under the basket battling for rebounds surrounded by 2-3 opponents. She welcomes the contact. That is nothing new to her, that's how she has played for years. Remember during the summer when Christyn mentioned to us during a media interview how tough she was? Even associate head coach Chris Daley said the same thing. We were blessed to see for ourselves exactly what they were referring to. She passes the "eye test" on toughness.

How many offensive rebound/put backs has she had during the season? I noticed that her free throw shooting has improved drastically (34/52). The scary thing is she going to be so much better (stronger, more mature, more experienced and more aggressive) next year. Good for us, bad for our opponents. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Better FT's
Less silly fouls
More confident Mid range

When she plays well, ONO also produces. I think Edwards is the reason that ONO gets more opportunities. Can't wait until DeBerry is there, too!!!!

Reaction Score
I feel like her and Paige are on different schedules with the freshman wall. I think Aaliyah is past hers. It seemed like she went through a period early where she was tentative in her decision making and was fouling a lot. Now that seems to have fallen away and she is getting to machine stage.

Paige seems to be in hers right now. The passing is totally still there but her shot is a bit streaky (for her standards). Maybe the body is hurting a bit from the season or the mind is a little too cluttered. It happens. I'm sure she'll snap out of it like Stewie did when the big lights come on.... They appear to have the same DNA in that regard.

Reaction Score
I can't think of another freshman in recent memory who has had such a physical presence.

Reaction Score

It's a Canadian thing...;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom