OT: - Advice Needed In Buying NBA Tickets | The Boneyard

OT: Advice Needed In Buying NBA Tickets

Reaction Score
My son has asked for LA Clippers tickets as his 11th birthday gift, specifically to attend their home game in late February against the Charlotte Hornets.

Why that particular game?

Well, because Kemba Walker is his favorite player (proof that I am a good father), and the Clippers are his favorite team (further proof that I am a good father—as a Celtics fan, I carefully persuaded my son, who was born in LA, from becoming a Lakers fan).

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. I am essentially a newbie to this, having not bought big-venue event tickets at least since before my son was born.

Are all ticket “resellers” one and the same?

Ticketmaster and StubHub, for example, offer the exact same seats for sale at different prices. Why?

In the past, I thought these companies bought blocks of tickets and made their money by creating scarcity. Has the business model changed? If they are dipping into the same pool of tickets, I assume the differences between the resellers is in the fees.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Try using seatgeek.com. It's kinda like a kayak or travelocity for tickets. You select an event and it shows what's available across all the different resellers. It includes most or all of the fees in the prices it shows you so are comparing apples to apples

Reaction Score
Try using seatgeek.com. It's kinda like a kayak or travelocity for tickets. You select an event and it shows what's available across all the different resellers. It includes most or all of the fees in the prices it shows you so are comparing apples to apples

I've used SeatGeeks several times in the past with good results. including last 2 UConn Championship Final Fours ( got a lower level for championship game for less than face)

It's primarily based supply and demand ( demand impacted by when you buy of course)

If you use Seatgeek, you are seeing the broadest offering, allowing you to make the most informed purchase

Reaction Score
Also, try the team site, they may link to resellers but also have some promotions or options to purchase tickets they withhold

My son has asked for LA Clippers tickets as his 11th birthday gift, specifically to attend their home game in late February against the Charlotte Hornets.

Why that particular game?

Well, because Kemba Walker is his favorite player (proof that I am a good father), and the Clippers are his favorite team (further proof that I am a good father—as a Celtics fan, I carefully persuaded my son, who was born in LA, from becoming a Lakers fan).

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. I am essentially a newbie to this, having not bought big-venue event tickets at least since before my son was born.

Are all ticket “resellers” one and the same?

Ticketmaster and StubHub, for example, offer the exact same seats for sale at different prices. Why?

In the past, I thought these companies bought blocks of tickets and made their money by creating scarcity. Has the business model changed? If they are dipping into the same pool of tickets, I assume the differences between the resellers is in the fees.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom