Adubs European "vacation" | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Adubs European "vacation"

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Someone please put a stake into the heart of this thread…

Or should we just leave it open forever and make it a general subject thread?

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Probable. Still a cool story. Wouldn't expect a random kid in rural Zimbabwe to know who Kemba is, regardless. Not exactly a place to put a pile of garb though; the whole town was shanty's smaller than the place I park my car.
Pretty sure he would have asked for some money if he was trying to hustle you.
Cash is king.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Someone please put a stake into the heart of this thread…

Or should we just leave it open forever and make it a general subject thread?
Regarding stakes... I had no stake in the SJ welched bet hysteria, so whenever ADub brought that up to insult SJ, I was simply amused. But I feel I have a stake in this one. It feels like I'm on the receiving end of a welch.

Leave it open simply for this topic. At some point ADub either finishes, or it becomes fodder to define "not living up to promise", as in, "I thought (player X) was going to have a great season, but he ADub'd."

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Regarding stakes... I had no stake in the SJ welched bet hysteria, so whenever ADub brought that up to insult SJ, I was simply amused. But I feel I have a stake in this one. It feels like I'm on the receiving end of a welch.

Leave it open simply for this topic. At some point ADub either finishes, or it becomes fodder to define "not living up to promise", as in, "I thought (player X) was going to have a great season, but he ADub'd."
Or maybe when you’ve got a player who can’t finish?

Reaction Score
Pretty sure he would have asked for some money if he was trying to hustle you.
Cash is king.

True. Not many people were really begging out in the country. Fairly aggressive in Vic Falls where I am now. Only place I've seen worse is in Egypt and Morocco that I can recall. Though there was a guy in Lisbon I nearly threw hands with lol. Never been to India, and I've heard it can get pretty bad there too.

pj

Reaction Score
At this point I’m not sure if I can trust content from ADub anymore

Sad

You know this story ends with everyone getting cured by an Arby's burger.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hoping this is just ADub playing with us and not a situation where he or his fiancé are seriously ill.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Hoping this is just ADub playing with us and not a situation where he or his fiancé are seriously ill.

My fiancee is OK and testing negative still bad cough, I have been pretty ill. Im still testing positive 3 weeks later and cycling through a bunch of different symptoms at different times. Ill live, but yeah, Ive been pretty down for the count and working from home which takes 3 times longer for every task I do and get run down pretty quickly.....so I just havent had it in me to collect my thoughts for rest of this.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My fiancee is OK and testing negative still bad cough, I have been pretty ill. Im still testing positive 3 weeks later and cycling through a bunch of different symptoms at different times. Ill live, but yeah, Ive been pretty down for the count and working from home which takes 3 times longer for every task I do and get run down pretty quickly.....so I just havent had it in me to collect my thoughts for rest of this.
Thanks for the reply. I was concerned. Get better. The story can wait.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ah well nevertheless…

Make me a bicycle, clown!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ah well nevertheless…

Make me a bicycle, clown!
1659977255646.png

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm going to see if I can send you some of that ketchup flavored ice cream as a get well gift.

Attachments

• unexpected-flavors-reuters-01-3.jpg
    unexpected-flavors-reuters-01-3.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 100

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I'm going to see if I can send you some of that ketchup flavored ice cream as a get well gift.
The Guinness Ice Cream isn't bad (a lot of places make it in the US), and even better in a float with the real deal!

Reaction Score
Maybe. We masked even though not required. Actually no airport in UK requires masks right now , but JFK did when we were landing home, and BA gave everyone masks getting off plane. Funnily enough when we got to customs we were only two still wearing them. People just don’t care anymore. All of them all stripes

Just talked a friend about this who is some big deal infectious disease person at Hopkins. Told me N95 masks good anything less its a crap shoot.

My wife got Covid just cleared after 15 days i never got it odd because before she tested positive even when she said “I dont feel great” we weren’t masking around each other obviously. We are pretty vigilant mask outside the house folks as she’s just two years past beast cancer.

Also of note, friend says expect monkey pox to me an absolute mess especially with school being back in session in a month.

Fun times for all

Get well, get well soon we want you to get well

Seriously feel better AW

Reaction Score
Have to admit, after your first couple of posts, I was in awe that someone with Covid, and no sleep could produce such long, well composed, funny stuff. (anything approaching flu and I’m pretty much capable only of staring at the ceiling)

Guessing now that it was only the blind rage fueling it all and the tab has finally arrived. Get well.

Reaction Score
You sucked us into the vortex of your crazy trip nd then leave us hanging? (Great thread - but it’s starting to fill like the Game Of Thrones series of books). But seriously hope your feeling well soon.

Reaction Score
D454AEDE-C5ED-45C8-9CC3-1F9F2CB43D98.jpeg
Judging from the comments from a dub and others in this thread this number can’t be accurate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom