Ads obstructing view | The Boneyard

Ads obstructing view

Reaction Score
I am finding that on both my iPhone and my PC the ads from the top of the screen are now taking up almost half the page. I can’t close them like I could before. The X only results in a box just as big as the ad asking me if I want to report the ad content or inquire why I received said ad (the standard Google thing)

Is there a way around this or a setting to make it function better? Today, in particular, the ads were so large and persistent I gave up using my laptop to view the board. Still, while the iPhone interface is better, it is definitely the worst it has been. It doesn’t seem to work smoothly all the time. Sometimes the ads are tougher to navigate around and other times they are easy to bypass and see posts.

Reaction Score
Noticed the same thing today. It sucked. It was so annoying I had to put my phone down and actually do a little work.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I keep getting one for moccasins that eats the whole screen

Reaction Score
It is happening to me right now on my phone. Basically, when I scroll down to read the responses, the ad remains in place and the actual board content goes behind the ad as I scroll. As I type this I can see the ad, most of my current post and my keyboard, but nothing else.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Been like that on mobile and desktop for a few weeks on and off.

Reaction Score
I am finding that on both my iPhone and my PC the ads from the top of the screen are now taking up almost half the page. I can’t close them like I could before. The X only results in a box just as big as the ad asking me if I want to report the ad content or inquire why I received said ad (the standard Google thing)

Is there a way around this or a setting to make it function better? Today, in particular, the ads were so large and persistent I gave up using my laptop to view the board. Still, while the iPhone interface is better, it is definitely the worst it has been. It doesn’t seem to work smoothly all the time. Sometimes the ads are tougher to navigate around and other times they are easy to bypass and see posts.

Buy something.

Reaction Score
In your preferences, set the style to PO. If that doesn’t work complain to the boss. :)

That helped a lot. No idea what it is supposed to do but the ads are now much more manageable. Thanks!

Reaction Score
It's been happening to me also lately and it's very annoying. I just hit the previous page button and then go back into the thread and it's gone.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Adsense decided a few weeks ago that they can better select ad placement. I've disabled their auto ads for now. Hopefully they figure it out.
Great improvement. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom