Ads dropping from top of screen | The Boneyard

Ads dropping from top of screen

Reaction Score
In the last week I have a lot of ads that drop down from the top of the screen on my iPhone when visiting the boneyard. Is this a new format that I can’t avoid or is there a way to make them go away? I find them very intrusive.

Reaction Score
I understand they pay the bills, there are just different approaches. I find this much more annoying than previous ads.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
The ads scrolling at the top make your eye jump there while reading. You flinch. Hate their constant movement.

Reaction Score
Ads up top, ads on the bottom, more ads in the middle, and pop up ads. Lots of ads. At least I can scroll down fast enough when a page loads I beat the ad display appearing on screen. I feel accomplished.

Reaction Score
In the last week I have a lot of ads that drop down from the top of the screen on my iPhone when visiting the boneyard. Is this a new format that I can’t avoid or is there a way to make them go away? I find them very intrusive.
This should work for Android phones, something similar should work on iPhones. Go into your phone's settings, go to your apps list, click on the browser you're using, click on storage, click on "clear cache".

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Google changed the way they deliver ads. I'm still trying to see how much I'll be able to customize the new ad delivery and placement.

Nearest I can tell each add can be dismissed by clicking the X.

Best solution for now is to use the PO Style if you're have troubles.

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
This should work for Android phones, something similar should work on iPhones. Go into your phone's settings, go to your apps list, click on the browser you're using, click on storage, click on "clear cache".

Most ads appear until seen a few times. Clearing your cache may be the wrong thing to do.

Reaction Score
Most ads appear until seen a few times. Clearing your cache may be the wrong thing to do.
It works for me. That pull down tab that blocks the blue Boneyard tool bar disappeared as did the ads when I cleared the browsers cache. The problem is that whatever modifying code or cookie data it is that they're planting finds its way back into the browser cache eventually, so you would have to clear the cache every hour or so, if you're constantly using it. The tab when there still blocks the center portion of the tool bar even when up all the way so you can't click on mail or your avatar content profile. I'm using Chrome, but I'm going to experiment with Firefox because I think it might be a little more robust at resisting this crap.

Reaction Score
Best solution for now is to use the PO Style if you're have troubles.
[/QUOTE]
This works!
Thank you!
Miss the large font, but well worth it for relief from the drop down & pop up ads. The drop down ads cause twitchy scrolling on my phone.
Edit: seems not to have helped this phone, helped on my other phone :(

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom