Ademec: Huskies got into a weekend tussle before the game | The Boneyard

Ademec: Huskies got into a weekend tussle before the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"The Huskies did not practice Friday or Saturday because of the blizzard. Their only competition of the weekend before Sunday was a snowball fight they got into with some other UConn students."

No report of who won.

LINK

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I read some of the quotes (I think in UCONNHuskies.com game info) and Stef talked about it. Said it was snowing like crazy, and that it was a great time... Actually found the quote in the article...

Missing two days of practice because of heavy snow, the Huskies made sure not to get cold on the court by getting cold outside it - with a snowball fight.

"It was epic; it was awesome," she said after scoring 23 points Sunday in the third-ranked Huskies' 91-44 rout of DePaul. "We went out during the blizzard, so we couldn't see anyone. So we didn't know who these people were, but we had this intense snowball fight with them, and we won."

I can just picture Stef saying that with a huge grin on her face!

JS

Reaction Score
"We went out during the blizzard, so we couldn't see anyone."
Girls just wanta have fun, and snowball fights can be a blast. But . . . uneasy feeling here in the case of ballplayers.

If you "can't see anyone," you also can't see a hard-packed snowball approaching an open eye. After-effects might not be a boon to shooting accuracy.

Reaction Score
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I don't appreciate the provocative thread titles, implying something serious when it's not.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Girls just wanta have fun, and snowball fights can be a blast. But . . . uneasy feeling here in the case of ballplayers.

If you "can't see anyone," you also can't see a hard-packed snowball approaching an open eye. After-effects might not be a boon to shooting accuracy.
As a parent, I agree but as someone who loves spontaneous fun, I say sometimes you just gotta do what moves ya.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
As a parent, I agree but as someone who loves spontaneous fun, I say sometimes you just gotta do what moves ya.

I agree! Snow is a pain, but it is also beautiful, fun, and very good reasons for eating lots of chocolate: hot cocoa and brownies

Reaction Score
Doesn't look like very good-packing snow, so not very dangerous.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Bah! Humbug! Geno should have banned it, just like Kim should have prevented BG from longboarding!

Reaction Score
What happens if someone loses an eye of dislocates the arm or shoulder have fun......Who pays for this bad judgement. Have fun watching the snowball fight.

Reaction Score
What happens if someone loses an eye of dislocates the arm or shoulder have fun......Who pays for this bad judgement. Have fun watching the snowball fight.

I believe you do.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Yep, these kids should be in lock-down unless they are in class, practicing or playing a game.

Reaction Score
Yep, these kids should be in lock-down unless they are in class, practicing or playing a game.

In class?!?
Courses can be taken online, or simulcast to dorm rooms. We don't want anyone slipping on ice or getting hit by falling snow.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score

Exactly. This is why basketball should be banned. Have you seen how many injuries they are having?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom