Addazio | The Boneyard

Addazio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The timing was horrible when Edsall left. There is no doubt Addazio would have taken the UCONN job, and would have likely gotten an offer. I still wouldn't rule out him coaching UCONN one day. It seems like yesterday when he was the head coach of Cheshire high. Good to see him have success.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He runs a dive like 80% of the time. Modern college football calls for throwing the ball all over the field as I understand it.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
He runs a dive like 80% of the time. Modern college football calls for throwing the ball all over the field as I understand it.

If you have a next-level stud like Pierce at HB and a MAC-level (being generous here) QB tandem, you'd better pound the rock as much as possible. That's good coaching...

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Temple. I'm not sure many thought they could achieve and repeat the success they've had since joining the MAC. Having said that, they've become the MAC's South Florida. They play great OOC, but are a geographic outlier in the conference and just don't seem to care very much about winning conference games.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He won a bowl game against Wyoming with Golden's players and now he is Lombardi? I am not buying it. He left Florida's offense in a shambles.

He may turn out fine...but this year doesn't do anything to convince me that he would be better than PP.

Reaction Score
You watch after coach p does his time here he will be the next coach. Seems like a helluva coach!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Funny... here's the "instant analysis" on espn.com -

Temple is -- at the moment, at least -- the most stable college football program in the state of Pennsylvania, and the Owls have tons of momentum heading into Year 2 of the Addazio era.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you have a next-level stud like Pierce at HB and a MAC-level (being generous here) QB tandem, you'd better pound the rock as much as possible. That's good coaching...

So like having Donald Brown or Jordan Todman?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
yes....but the big difference is he didnt recruit the QB's he has, they were inhereted.

Ah, so it's ok to run and win if your strength is running if you didn't recruit the QB. It's not cool if you recruited the QB. Sweet Jesus... can't we just go by wins and losses?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
So like having Donald Brown or Jordan Todman?

Absolutely.

Conversely, if you are recruiting for ten years and fail to adequately replace the only next-level stud QB you've ever known, or if you ignore your only next-level stud at WR for 3 1/2 years, discovering him practically by accident? That's NOT good coaching...

Reaction Score
He won with the previous coach's players in a transition year.

Isn't that excuse most of the poster give to P. for his losing. It wasn't his players, it was a transition year.

Just sayin', A. deserves credit for his achievement.

Reaction Score
Still would like to see Temple in the new Big East. They have a pro stadium in town that they could grow into and a large potential fan base on the east side of PA.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
He won with the previous coach's players in a transition year.

Isn't that excuse most of the poster give to P. for his losing. It wasn't his players, it was a transition year.

Just sayin', A. deserves credit for his achievement.

Actually...I am just being consistent. You really can't judge someone on their first year...good or bad.

Otherwise...you are saying Larry Coker is a great coach because he won the championship. Now everyone realizes it was Butch Davis's players and he is coaching at BFE U.

Reaction Score
Actually...I am just being consistent. You really can't judge someone on their first year...good or bad.

Otherwise...you are saying Larry Coker is a great coach because he won the championship. Now everyone realizes it was Butch Davis's players and he is coaching at BFE U.

You are confusing being a good coach with doing a good job. A coach who wins in year one with someone elses players is certainly doing a good job. Addazio did a good job this year. Coker certainly did a good job winning a national championship. But a transitional year does not show much in terms of whether you will be successful in your new job, and thus be a good coach.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
You are confusing being a good coach with doing a good job. A coach who wins in year one with someone elses players is certainly doing a good job. Addazio did a good job this year. Coker certainly did a good job winning a national championship. But a transitional year does not show much in terms of whether you will be successful in your new job, and thus be a good coach.
That's kinda my point. Posters on here are talking as if this year proves that Addazio is a good coach and might be better off with him than PP. I think the jury is still out.

Reaction Score

You're saying Larry Coker is a bad coach because he won the NC? I don't get it.

Reaction Score
That's kinda my point. Posters on here are talking as if this year proves that Addazio is a good coach and might be better off with him than PP. I think the jury is still out.
No, I'm saying that folks who criticize A. or Larry Coker for winning with another coach's players and then give P. a pass for losing with another coaches players are inconsistent.

P. inherited a good team, one that had just gone to a BCS bowl, one that has 9 all conference player this year, and he lost with them.

Sorry, P. does not get a pass from me. He under achieved.

Reaction Score
P. inherited a good team, one that had just gone to a BCS bowl,

One that was well on the way to 7-5 if Clarke doesn't drop the ball on the goal line. One that lost its QB, its top receiver, and three of its four best players (really 4 of five).

This team is not the first to step backwards and struggle in the first year of a new staff, and it won't be the last. It's more common for that to happen than for the first year to bring significant improvement.

He doesn't get a pass, but the jury is very much still out.

Keep in mind I did not support the hire.

Reaction Score
you're joking right?
UConn had nine all conference picks this year, this was a talented team. Are you a Husky fan or do you just enjoy taking shots at the home town team?

Reaction Score
UConn had nine all conference picks this year, this was a talented team. Are you a Husky fan or do you just enjoy taking shots at the home town team?

Look deeper:

Our two kickers were named. Fine.

Dwayne Gratz, who I thought was spotty this season, was named.

Two offensive linemen were named. Our line was not good in pass protection this season.

McCombs was good this year, but led the league in rushing in very large part to the fact that he had more carries than anyone else in the league (by a large margin).

Griffin was okay this year. Two VERY costly fumbles. One vs WMU, one vs Cincinnati. A big drop vs Louisville, too.

UConn stopped the run as well as anyone (Reyes). If you can't stop the pass as well, this only goes so far.

The point is, just because we have guys named second team all conference, doesn't mean we should have won more games.

Reaction Score

Nine guys is all it takes to be a talented team, according to this clown. Never mind the dozens of other players that need to suit up and go out on the field 65-75 times a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom