Addazio Takes Shot at UConn & Expands on QB Situation | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Addazio Takes Shot at UConn & Expands on QB Situation

Reaction Score
We share the same recruiting problems with BC, a significant lack of D1 talent in New England. BC's ability to recruit Catholic high schools gives them a big advantage over us. They have a longer history than us and a P5 conference.

For years BC was way behind in facilities which I'm sure hurt their recruiting given their poor performance the past 10 years, but now they are investing in facilities and their recruiting will improve. It does not mean that we cannot develop players and be competitive. BC does this with kids that get turned down by the icon schools. The starting lineup for the Denver Broncos has a lot of smaller college players.

Reaction Score
WRONG. We took our home game to Fenway Park, got $1.1 million and WE are the HOME TEAM ON THEIR TURF. All the accomodations give UCONN first priority. This is a no brainer. Beat them and we REALLY own those evil bastards.

Just got to win - by any means possible - everything else is BS.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
We share the same recruiting problems with BC, a significant lack of D1 talent in New England. BC's ability to recruit Catholic high schools gives them a big advantage over us. They have a longer history than us and a P5 conference.

For years BC was way behind in facilities which I'm sure hurt their recruiting given their poor performance the past 10 years, but now they are investing in facilities and their recruiting will improve. It does not mean that we cannot develop players and be competitive. BC does this with kids that get turned down by the icon schools. The starting lineup for the Denver Broncos has a lot of smaller college players.

this statement shows that you dont know dick about football recruiting. CT while not in the company of TEX, FLA, PENN, OH or CAL is not as barren as you may think. they send on average a dozen/two dozen kids to D1 a year, and in the last five to ten years has been consistently producing top 25 talent. there is talent here and the word is starting to get out.

Reaction Score
this statement shows that you dont know dick about football recruiting. CT while not in the company of TEX, FLA, PENN, OH or CAL is not as barren as you may think. they send on average a dozen/two dozen kids to D1 a year, and in the last five to ten years has been consistently producing top 25 talent. there is talent here and the word is starting to get out.

If word is getting out then it ill be hard to recruit CT as the real programs and other P5 teams target CT.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
If word is getting out then it ill be hard to recruit CT as the real programs and other P5 teams target CT.

oh its for sure getting harder, mich, PSU, clem, TAMU and more have been coming into the state more and more. just dont sit here and there isnt any talent in the state.

Reaction Score
We are taking one of our home games and giving it to them. Why would they respect us?

No attack here Waquoit but my guess would be they have no reason to do so until after the game. :) This when randy leads the team off the field and while being interviewed the background is loud and clear.....UCONN, UCONN, UCONN....I'm sure you remember that one. ;)

As for Addazio saying he does not recruit against UConn, that is simply a stupid statement on his part. There are several reasons I could point out that would imply something different. I'll only go with one for now. I cant find it, maybe Medic or some of the more computer studious here could. Last year when his arse was on the line there was a video of the booster club meeting and their president putting out the plea of Addazio is our man. When it was his turn to speak he almost spoke verbatim the words Randy 1.0 spoke. We are a northeast school and not able to recruit 4 & 5 star players, we have to take lesser players and coach them up.

No problem with him promoting the conference they are in, I would do so myself. To say he is not recruiting against any D1 school is simply silly.

Reaction Score
If we offer the same kid as BC does, we are therefore competing against each other. Addazio went to Central Conn, he is no BC grad obviously.

He could have said that BC does not lose recruits to UConn, true enough, but tOSU does not lose recruits to BC, but Kuechly played at BC. It's all about identifying enough talent that fits your style of play. What made us good was Moorhead and Brown, not so much RE1.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

To be fair, he did say NEW ENGLAND, not just Connecticut. CT has always been mined by Cuse and BC and and CT has a rising profile. Maybe not the the top end talent you see in the prime states but useful talent, for sure.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
not a chance. UConn has outsold BC by a 3:1 margin.

And how many UConn fans have already dumped those tickets on the secondary market? I hope I'm wrong, but I think we're dreaming about UConn fans outnumbering the Beagle worshippers. Plus they're predicting bad weather, which will likely affect UConn fan attendance even more adversely, since we have to drive to get there and the BS College fans don't have to.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
that recruiting stuff going to change

As for that typical BC unwarranted arrogance, UConn is the school that's hanging the banners that matter.

The battle for National Championships isn't close, and it involves multiple sports too

22-5 in National Championships, we don't worry about wannabes

Damn, UConn even played in a BCS game

Reaction Score
If Adazzio’s statement were truly the case he would not need to make the statement, The words were spoken because he lost recruits to a 3 win UConn team and is concerned about what will happen when UConn is .500 or better.

Reaction Score
I hate BC as much as everyone else on this forum, but I believe UConn will be over matched by BC's physicality on both the offense and defensive lines. I don't see any way UConn wins this game. Our defense will not be able to stop the running game of BC and won't be able to get off the field. It's going to be a long day for our Huskies at Fenway Park. BC wins 31-10.
I disagree. I think our chances are better in a ground and pound. It's our pass defense that has been killed.

Reaction Score
I can't believe I'm reading a post saying we can't stop their ground game. Please, please, run the ball down our throats. Because at least then you're not throwing the ball.

Any team that wants to beat us on the ground gives us a much better chance for winning.
I guess I wasn’t wrong. We didn’t and can’t stop their ground game.

Reaction Score
I disagree. I think our chances are better in a ground and pound. It's our pass defense that has been killed.
Our you still sure you we have a better chance stopping BC’s ground game? This was men against boys.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Definitely man!
Well Mr. BC you beat a very depleted Uconn squad, enjoy your muddy victory hopefully your balls get kicked in during bowl season

Reaction Score
Let’s tip our collective hats to BC and congratulate them on a solid victory. Win with class, lose with class. We will get better and the score will be closer next time, Bank on it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom