Adams status for ecu game | The Boneyard

Adams status for ecu game

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Most concerning thing for me was the quote below:

"He had X-rays taken, which showed no break."
I know x-rays are normally precautionary, but the fact that he had an xray taken indicates it was a pretty severe sprain.

There's no way he plays tonight. And I am wondering if he'll be back for the start of the AAC tourney.

What a year.

Reaction Score
What's the record for scholarship player man-games lost to injury in one season? We have to be close to a record, certainly as a % of all scholarship man-games available. What a year to forget.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
There's no reason to play Jalen Wednesday.
If we lose to ECU we most likely fall out of the top 5 and lose a buy in the AAC tourney. If Jalen can play, play him.

Reaction Score

I know x-rays are normally precautionary, but the fact that he had an xray taken indicates it was a pretty severe sprain.

There's no way he plays tonight. And I am wondering if he'll be back for the start of the AAC tourney.

What a year.

I can say with 100% certainty that he will not play tonight.

But in all seriousness, I'm highly doubtful he suits up tomorrow night and I'm pessimistic he plays against Cincinnati. Ollie treated Saturday's game like an exhibition and if Adams is anything less than 100%, he won't go.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Come on, Feel the Noyes!!!! Or the Lomotney, or Aiyegbusi...

Reaction Score
I can say with 100% certainty that he will not play tonight.

But in all seriousness, I'm highly doubtful he suits up tomorrow night and I'm pessimistic he plays against Cincinnati. Ollie treated Saturday's game like an exhibition and if Adams is anything less than 100%, he won't go.

Ollie treated Saturday's game like an exhibition? If so, I'd imagine you would have seen Enoch play a lot of minutes.

How did Ollie treat the game as an exhibition?

Reaction Score
Ollie treated Saturday's game like an exhibition? If so, I'd imagine you would have seen Enoch play a lot of minutes.

It didn't look like a particularly coherent plan on either end. They spent the entire first half looking like a chicken with its head cut off on defense and in the second half there appeared to be a bizarre effort to get Brimah as many post touches as possible. Granted, they weren't winning that game anyway without Adams, but I have to hope that the team is more ready to go for a game that actually means something.

Reaction Score
One of the guys I talk to close to the team said Adams has been in a boot off and on since the injury

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Because Champs said so
You don't understand or are you new to the board (just kidding about that upstate)

Reaction Score
oscar.gif

Adams, Purvis, Jackson, Facey, Brimah, Vital, Durham, Enoch all will not play in a game tonight.

He's right

Reaction Score

What a year.

Well, you are right about one thing. He won't play tonight.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
As of this morning odds UConn -2 to -2.5 . I assume that's with the uncertainty of Adams.

Reaction Score
I honestly don't even know if we can beat a lowly ECU without Adams. Sad!

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't think he plays tonight either. I'd rather we have a healthy Adams for the AAC Tournament even if it comes down to us not getting the bye. Need Jalen at 100% if we want to win the tournament and go to the dance.

Why did Ollie have Purvis run the point on Saturday? I'd much rather have Vital running the point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom