Adams Started. | The Boneyard

Adams Started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I caught it after tip due to Giants unexpected comeback. What's the 'initial' verdict?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I caught it after tip due to Giants unexpected comeback. What's the 'initial' verdict?

Nothing meaningful can be gleaned from this game in that regard. Even whether he'll start against a real team.

Reaction Score
not bad....we just had a very rusty/low energy performance as a team. Lots of stupid turnovers and careless defensive mistakes. Give credit to umass for having a great offensive game. Jalen will be fine. He seemed rusty today. The hartford civic center has got to be one of the worst sports venues in the nation. The atmosphere in there feels like a funeral home.

Reaction Score
He was pretty much irrelevant. Had one or two nice plays but didn't get in the lane like he's capable of, turned the ball over and got beat multiple times on D.

Reaction Score
They all struggled early with a small, quick, hungry team who wanted to be out on the court more than any of them, maybe minus Rodney. Jalen was not impressive at all but he's a freshman these things happen. Hopefully he bounces back against CCSU. I know we'll hear a lot more from the AB guys who think his absence was glaring than we will hear from the Adam's supporters who want him over Gibbs! ;)

Everyone has their day, UMass Lowell after finals wasn't going to be beautiful so it's time to move on. An education of sorts but admittedly tough to figure after the way they jumped on Ohio State.

Reaction Score
not bad....we just had a very rusty/low energy performance as a team. Lots of stupid turnovers and careless defensive mistakes. Give credit to umass for having a great offensive game. Jalen will be fine. He seemed rusty today. The hartford civic center has got to be one of the worst sports venues in the nation. The atmosphere in there feels like a funeral home.
So, cowboysnation, how many XL games have you been to that didn't feature UMass Lowell over winter vacation?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wasn't thrilled with his defense 1st half. I thought he would have been more disruptive against 11 in the 2nd half.

I thought he put in a very freshman like effort. To be expected between finals and Christmas.

Reaction Score
So, cowboysnation, how many XL games have you been to that didn't feature UMass Lowell over winter vacation?

May have been pigeons on campus, it's just the way it is after finals for the Husky games. May be worst on Wednesday if that's possible.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Are these games part of a season ticket purchase?

Reaction Score
Adams was terrible today. Just an off day for the kid. A freshman day.

Reaction Score
Adams was terrible today. Just an off day for the kid. A freshman day.

I noticed he tends to dribble off his foot quite a bit. That's fairly disturbing for a point guard. I'm sure he'll be a good guard for us, but I'm not sold if he will be one of the next Greats. As Freshman, Kemba, Dyson, Boat and Bazz all had that special ability as a little guard to get to the rack at will. They didn't always make it, but usually got fouled when they didn't. I'm not seeing that ability in any of our guards this year. I think next year, Gilbert will be that guard and Adams will compliment him.

JA - If you reading this board, please prove me wrong and take it to the next level.

Reaction Score
I noticed he tends to dribble off his foot quite a bit. That's fairly disturbing for a point guard. I'm sure he'll be a good guard for us, but I'm not sold if he will be one of the next Greats. As Freshman, Kemba, Dyson, Boat and Bazz all had that special ability as a little guard to get to the rack at will. They didn't always make it, but usually got fouled when they didn't. I'm not seeing that ability in any of our guards this year. I think next year, Gilbert will be that guard and Adams will compliment him.

JA - If you reading this board, please prove me wrong and take it to the next level.

Bazz never got to the rack at will, and even with the other 3 you're overstating their ability to do that quite a bit.

Reaction Score
Bazz never got to the rack at will, and even with the other 3 you're overstating their ability to do that quite a bit.

I beg to differ... Let's just say that they were all better at making layups than this group of guards under pressure

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
aceboon said:

No, but he got to his spot, one where he could hit most of the time, just about at will.

These guys are getting by their man and seem surprised when the defense rotates. Forcing up a ton of bad shots.

Bazz liked to toss up off balance 3's, but he made enough of them to avoid major criticism, but there was some deservedly sent his way about his shot selection at times.

Reaction Score
I beg to differ... Let's just say that they were all better at making layups than this group of guards under pressure

Napier generally struggled to finish around the rim. He shot below 45% from 2 his senior year.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
These guys are getting by their man and seem surprised when the defense rotates. Forcing up a ton of bad shots.

I say this only half-kidding: maybe they are used to playing ourselves at practice.

Reaction Score
No, but he got to his spot, one where he could hit most of the time, just about at will.

Bazz liked to toss up off balance 3's, but he made enough of them to avoid major criticism, but there was some deservedly sent his way about his shot selection at times.

Yes Bazz got to his spots and created space to shoot jumpers, not "get to the rack at will". Bazz certainly had his drives but his scoring arsenal was built off of his ability to shoot jumpers off the dribble.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

And Kemba blew past the hoop so many times it was crazy. Played way too fast. Drove into a bunch of trees and got stuck. Kemba as a freshman looked like a kid who would never be Kemba as a junior.

Wasn't til he developed that hesitation, and later the step back, that he could get to the rim at will.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

But with a scorer like Bazz, you'll take those. Kid needed to shoot no matter what for UCONN to be successful. Some of those ended up being absolute daggers.

Reaction Score
Bazz as a freshman is not much different that Jalen. Bazz had the benefit of on court (Kemba) and off court (Ollie) mentoring. Kemba was a great leader by example, and someone for Bazz to strive for. Kemba deserves a ring for 2014.

Jalen is surrounded by strong, good guards but none to model after or mentor under. Gibbs is too new, and Rodney is not Kemba.

Can we wait a couple of years to compare a proven Great to a freshman?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Started because brimah was out and they were a small team

Reaction Score

I can't wait for Jalen and Gilbert to team up next year. In my opinion, in 2 years if Jalen stays for his junior year he and Gilbert could wind up being the greatest back court combo in Uconn history. Obviously a hopeful prediction, and no disrespect to Boat and Bazz, but these two guys are just freakishly talented and will virtually be unguardable come that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom