Adams Isn't Ready for Alpha | The Boneyard

Adams Isn't Ready for Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's a mess and he is the head of the dragon.

Jump shot gone, sloppy passing, doesn't stay in front of his man on D.

Not giving up on him, not saying he can't improve.

He isn't ready to lead a Top-15 team.

Name one player on this team that was ready to play this season.

Just one.

Spoiler. You can't. No one is better. Most are worse. No one has any idea of what they are doing.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I realize no one is ready.

Gilbert had a chance but he is most likely done for a while.

Look at what Adams just did. Down by one, UConn gets the ball in transmission, chance for the lead. Second half. On the road. At mid court, with defenders all around him, he tries an AAU behind the back dribble. Turnover.

He needs to respect and value the ball and value running a UaConn team.

Reaction Score

Good thing for him that we're nowhere close to a top-15 team then.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Vital misses layup, team doesn't get back, open 3.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I see Jalen the only one creating plays, drawing defenders, and he's able to hit the open man. Its just that we're passing to guys without hands.

Its not Adams. He'll be fine this year.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Adams' leap was overstated by us and the media. Not showing that big step forward for us yet and with no Gilbert we will need him to be our lead dog, not sure he's up for it yet

Reaction Score
He's not a good shooter, and neither is the rest of the team. Makes the game hard. We also, for whatever freaking reason, have decided to take the ball out of his hands for most of the game (Until Gilbert got hurt)...the kid is a point guard, he's not a scorer. That makes no sense.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I see Jalen the only one creating plays, drawing defenders, and he's able to hit the open man. Its just that we're passing to guys without hands.

Its not Adams. He'll be fine this year.

His passes have been horrible. No touch and not thrown so his teammates can move in motion. It's correctable.

On the 3/4 court press he's giving up his dribble to Larrier.

Reaction Score
His handle is not good enough to be a lead guard. Kinda interesting to see that exposed this year. Good win regardless.

Reaction Score
Vital misses layup, team doesn't get back, open 3.
That will improve though. It's frustrating now, yes. But he's a freshman and it is getting in his head more then a seasoned player. I for one am happy we have him, kid could be something special. As frustrating as this start may be, I think we will all look back at it and laugh - similar (sort of but not really) to 2012

Reaction Score
Adams needs confidence. All of the players are tight. Losing does that.

I expect a little swagger now, and a jolt (albeit small) of confidence. I know its Loyola but still to them this probably felt like a Kansas victory.

I also think these players need more direct coaching, they don't appear cohesive enough to roll the ball out to them and expect them to execute. They just aren't that disciplined either.

Reaction Score

I actually thought Adams looked pretty good -- two of his turnovers were the ball just bouncing off of Amida's hands, and the other 3 were "young PG trying to do too much" types of mistakes, all clustered together after AG's injury. I can live with that b/c he was clearly trying to put the team on his shoulders.

The other thing: He had 5 assists but should've had about 12. I was really pleased with his ability to get our guys open looks against the zone.

I was also pleased with Amida's rebounding and enthusiasm.

And that is the whole list of things I was pleased about tonight. This team is gonna be 86/87-level bad, I think.

EDIT: And just so this is in keeping with the board zeitgeist these days... I was really, really bummed by another no-show from Rodney. And I LOATHE Larrier's counter-productive ball-fakes that allow the defense to catch up to the play after the other guys have done some nice work creating some gaps.

Reaction Score
That will improve though. It's frustrating now, yes. But he's a freshman and it is getting in his head more then a seasoned player. I for one am happy we have him, kid could be something special. As frustrating as this start may be, I think we will all look back at it and laugh - similar (sort of but not really) to 2012
Oh yeah, we'll be laughing when our out of conference schedule gets worse year after year, and we don't play a top 25 team all year. Funny.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

no problem, he's not leading a Top 15 team

maybe when they are such, he'll be ready

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Oh yeah, we'll be laughing when our out of conference schedule gets worse year after year, and we don't play a top 25 team all year. Funny.

whaaaaaaat?

Reaction Score
whaaaaaaat?
Would you like me to repeat that our conference is doing nothing for us and soon we will have schedules where we don't play top 25 teams? These are dark days ahead man. I applaud your upbeat attitude but this ain't good....

Reaction Score
he has not progressed, but still is our best 'breakdown' player now that gilbert is out, and even then. he plays well with vital.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Would you like me to repeat that our conference is doing nothing for us and soon we will have schedules where we don't play top 25 teams? These are dark days ahead man. I applaud your upbeat attitude but this ain't good....

DB will put together good OOC schedules for us. I recognize that this is a rough start to the year and potentially emblematic of some changes going forward, but chill with the doom and gloom man...

Reaction Score
DB will put together good OOC schedules for us. I recognize that this is a rough start to the year and potentially emblematic of some changes going forward, but chill with the doom and gloom man...
We will always be able to schedule good teams but he's in a pessimistic mood as he should be. Our team sucks right now and nobody has progressed, it's troubling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom