Adams deserves a thread | The Boneyard

Adams deserves a thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He looked phenomenal . I have much more confidence in Jalen hitting an open 3 than Omar. In the long run he will be rotating with Purvis, Gibbs, and Hamilton. Instead of just Purvis and Gibbs

Reaction Score
Was just thinking the same thing. He played really well today.

Reaction Score
He looked phenomenal . I have much more confidence in Jalen hitting an open 3 than Omar. In the long run he will be rotating with Purvis, Gibbs, and Hamilton. Instead of just Purvis and Gibbs

The ran a lineup today of Gibbs, Purvis, Adams, Miller and Brimah for a little bit. That has the potential to be a really strong unit for us when Hamilton needs rest or is in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
He will continue to get better as the season progresses. He has a ton of talent and god gifted natural athletic abilities. The more comfortable he gets playing at a D-1 college level the better he will get at utilizing his talent.

I love the fact that he attacks and penetrates to the rim as often as he does even when he is not looking to shoot. As talented as Gibbs, and Purvis are, they too often shoot from beyond the perimeter (way beyond). The other guards Calhoun and Cassel also shoot most of their shots from beyond the arc. Our guards are too athletic and talented to consistently be shooting most of their shots from beyond the arc.

By the time March rolls around Adams will be a special player on an already very talented team making us that more dangerous when it matters most!

Reaction Score
If he keeps developing like this he may get his own board. The small lineup of Purvis, Gibbs, Miller, Hamilton, and Adams toward the end has 4 guys that can develop plays , it's an assist machine. Wait, Miller can pass! Hamilton and Miller rebound great and Shonn gets the high riser as good as AB.

Reaction Score
Showed a sweet feathery touch! Showed some good on the defender D… great game for the kid!

Reaction Score
I was very impressed with his passing ability. Obviously he can play off the ball but he's much more of a pure point than I anticipated. Also, a better shooter

Reaction Score
I was very impressed with his passing ability. Obviously he can play off the ball but he's much more of a pure point than I anticipated. Also, a better shooter

This, knew he was a good passer but he's very good. Even makes the "regular" pass when necessary which I like and throws a great 25 foot skip bounce pass with speed. Great vision will be really special.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
While the team may be loaded, it will need a steady, smart and in control contribution from JA
Next year its his team to run.

Reaction Score
While the team may be loaded, it will need a steady, smart and in control contribution from JA
Next year its his team to run.
I don't think Adams needs to be in control per se, he is a 'freewheeler' able to do what he was born to do, without much pressure. Just saying I don't think they need a steady, smart, controlled Adams this year. They certainly need (and expect) that from Purvis and Gibbs. I really think Ollie will turn him loose this season giving him a loose leash. He seems to learn from his mistakes and bad play anyway. Great student.

He has liberties that Bazz and Kemba had as freshman. Just saying for this one year we will see the 'street' type baller he is, which is good and exciting. He is learning Ollie's system, and using his flair. Next year and then after its a different story and will require leadership and the things you mentioned. Hell let Gibbs and Purvis have the pressure, Adams will be frustrating opposing teams to no end this year, and will be on everyone's scouting report.

He is so fortunate to be in the position he is in. I noticed also that Briscoe is coming off the bench. Those two will be something special next year, hopefully have a couple of 'wars' between the two.

C

Chief00

Yeah Adams was one of my two keys to the game pre game and - glad it played out that way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom