Adams and Jackson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adams and Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
You're right - I think it's easy to lose sight that we had all of our healthy freshmen play major minutes tonight. That's definitely a first for the Ollie era.
We have such a young team not to mention the team hasn't been healthy going back to alterique in the jb classic. Not saying they shouldn't have won the first two games but there's some perspective. We just don't have that guy to mask the inexperience. You can see the inexperience especially on the defensive end they look extremely lost

Reaction Score
You're right - I think it's easy to lose sight that we had all of our healthy freshmen play major minutes tonight. That's definitely a first for the Ollie era.
So right. Jackson needs to be playing!

Reaction Score
Adams started playing with intensity after he was angered by the refs, his teammates and himself. This is where KO's disposition hurts players like Adams. KO is very cerebral and restrained, but he needs to show anger and intensity. That will naturally translate over to his players. That is the difference between KO and JC. KO, stop loving and accepting and start being angry and more animated.
Totally agree. Was a tale of 2 different teams tonite. KO needs to figure out what the trigger was - whether it was something getting under the players skin or sense of urgency or whatever- and use that at start of game to avoid these horrendous slow and uninspired starts

Also, WTF with foul shooting and lazy passes, especially the inbound passes

Reaction Score
Also the fouls are absurd. Especially that crap on brimah which kept him out of the game. Cmon zebras

Seriously, what did Ollie do? Sext every refs college aged daughter? The next game that we get a few phantom fouls while the other side is allowed to slap our guards' arms like that, Ollie should get a solid T and lay into one of the refs. If we're playing Columbia without their best 2 players, I can handle some bad calls our way. When we're down like 15 in the first half, lose our top scorer, and have our center on the bench with 2 fouls, I will not put up with horsesht fouls like that

Reaction Score
Jackson to me is a one trick pony. Can shoot and that's about it. AWFUL at handling the ball especially under pressure in the backcourt. I still like him as a player and think he'll improve but let's not get carried away here.

Reaction Score
Jackson to me is a one trick pony. Can shoot and that's about it. AWFUL at handling the ball especially under pressure in the backcourt. I still like him as a player and think he'll improve but let's not get carried away here.
If your "one trick" is shooting really well from 3, that's still a very valuable trick! If all had gone to plan, Jackson wouldn't be required to bring the ball up the court against pressure - that's not his game, and never was. Unreasonable for him to do that and do it well in his 4th college game against a good team. He may not become an All-American, but he's already lost a lot of weight compared to his HS senior year, and I see brief moments where the game looks like it slows down for him a bit. He's going to be a really good piece for us for the next 3-4 years.

Reaction Score
Agreed! Definitely a good "trick", especially on this team. But he's a real liability against pressure. Will be tough to play him at the 3 against teams that play tough full court defense.

Reaction Score
If Jackson can be this teams Giffey, I'd be really happy. An awesome 3 point shooter, who plays good defense, grabs rebounds, and hustles.

Reaction Score
Think we should seee more if him?

He actually played very well. Got some boards, boxed out, moved well on the court and hit a silky corner 3. It will take time, but he's already lightyears ahead of Facey's production (eye test).

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
He actually played very well. Got some boards, boxed out, moved well on the court and hit a silky corner 3. It will take time, but he's already lightyears ahead of Facey's production (eye test).
Agree with this. Not sure why he doesn't play more. Might be a conditioning issue or just managing his minutes early while he works back.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Adams seemed tentative playing primarily off the ball with Gilbert.

KO is going to need to figure that out.

He sucks off the ball. I said it when Gilbert got hurt...that Adams would start playing much better. When Gilbert gets back he needs to (a) not start and (b) be the backup PG and backup SG. If he's in with Adams, he needs to be in the Boatright role to Adams' Napier. Adams is a much better distributor at this point anyway. It also affected Rodney, who is the SG, but doesn't know what they hell to do when Adams is also a shooting guard. He finally got it together yesterday as well.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agreed. And I think larrier out helped purvis too.
both guys played without looking over their shoulder and that makes a big differnce. We absolutely need larrier and Gilbert obviously but I'm trying to find a silver lining here and maybe it is that Adams and purvis can find their games while they are out and we can get some roles defined here and some confidence brewing.

I think Purvis is fine playing with with Larrier if Purvis is playing the SG spot. It's when Purvis is the third guard and Larrier is in at the "4" but is really playing the "3" that Purvis is effectively squeezed out. He's got somebody else playing every role he can play while he's on the court. Bad coaching from Ollie. Adams - Purvis - Larrier. Fine. Gilbert-Purvis-Larrier is ok too. Gilbert-Adams-Purvis....ok if Adams is the PG. Gilbert-Adams-Purvis-Larrier...that lineup should never see the floor, at least until Larrier learns how to play as a stretch 4. That's the lineup that Ollie started the first few games and it killed up. It was never effective.

Reaction Score
I would be happy if Jackson mirror's Rashaad Anderson. He was a valuable one trick pony. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom