Adams and Jackson | The Boneyard

Adams and Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wonder if this could be the moment that Jalen flips the switch. He's on fire on both ends. went from 8 turnovers in 7 minutes to leading this team. Finally looks like he cares.

also Vance Jackson stepping up in a big way. good for him.
He needs to play both ends

Reaction Score
Adams having people who can shoot around him, and Adams playing well isn't a coincidence.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Adams seemed tentative playing primarily off the ball with Gilbert.

KO is going to need to figure that out.

Reaction Score
He needs to play both ends

He can, that's the thing. Just need the effort he showed tonight. He has a great first step with the ball; I think if he digs in more on D and learns what it takes to win close games we'll be okay. I hope tonight is a taste of what's to come

Reaction Score
Adams having people who can shoot around him, and Adams playing well isn't a coincidence.

I think it has more to do with the hectic pace of the game. His strength is in transition.

Reaction Score
Adams started playing with intensity after he was angered by the refs, his teammates and himself. This is where KO's disposition hurts players like Adams. KO is very cerebral and restrained, but he needs to show anger and intensity. That will naturally translate over to his players. That is the difference between KO and JC. KO, stop loving and accepting and start being angry and more animated.

Reaction Score
Jackson needs to be a bit more patient with his 3s. He gets so excited and one-track mind. Needs to gather before going up and only shoot if the defense hasn't recovered.

Plus not airball.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

The kids will figure it out. Just getting to know eachother and their roles. Also, AG could be on the shelf for a bit for all we know.

Reaction Score
Adams started playing with intensity after he was angered by the refs, his teammates and himself. This is where KO's disposition hurts players like Adams. KO is very cerebral and restrained, but he needs to show anger and intensity. That will naturally translate over to his players. That is the difference between KO and JC. KO, stop loving and accepting and start being angry and more animated.
He has to be himself. You can motivate guys to play hard in a number of ways. What worked for JC isn't guaranteed to work for KO.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

Agreed. And I think larrier out helped purvis too.
both guys played without looking over their shoulder and that makes a big differnce. We absolutely need larrier and Gilbert obviously but I'm trying to find a silver lining here and maybe it is that Adams and purvis can find their games while they are out and we can get some roles defined here and some confidence brewing.

Reaction Score
Jackson needs to be a bit more patient with his 3s. He gets so excited and one-track mind. Needs to gather before going up and only shoot if the defense hasn't recovered.

Plus not airball.

Funny enough that his 2 airballs this season have been his 2 most open attempts.

Reaction Score
He has to be himself. You can motivate guys to play hard in a number of ways. What worked for JC isn't guaranteed to work for KO.
Well maybe. But as a coach you also need to make changes and push different buttons when things are not working. You saw it today with Jalen. Something ticked him off and he went off. There is no reason for it to happen that way. It must be part of the teams DNA. That starts with the coaches.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Eh, first big tournament. Major D1 ball. They'll relax.

You're right - I think it's easy to lose sight that we had all of our healthy freshmen play major minutes tonight. That's definitely a first for the Ollie era.

Reaction Score
Well maybe. But as a coach you also need to make changes and push different buttons when things are not working. You saw it today with Jalen. Something ticked him off and he went off. There is no reason for it to happen that way. It must be part of the teams DNA. That starts with the coaches.

I'm sure Evans and Adams played a bunch in AAU or whatever right? Similar recruiting rank at same position. Adams was getting whipped by him, decided he had enough.

Reaction Score

Plus not airball.

#freshman
He and Vital both. Disappointing because we know they are definitely better shooters than that.

#freshman

Reaction Score
He did make changes, he tinkered with the starting lineup. Ultimately, yes, Ollie is responsible. But you can teach and preach but some people don't get it, until they go through it. Like Vance Jackson and the first practice.

Ollie shows emotion, he gets angry, he's just not Jim Calhoun, and that's fine. I think (hope) these kids learned what type of effort is needed. If they have, they're going to be a good team.

Reaction Score
He did make changes, he tinkered with the starting lineup. Ultimately, yes, Ollie is responsible. But you can teach and preach but some people don't get it, until they go through it. Like Vance Jackson and the first practice.

Ollie shows emotion, he gets angry, he's just not Jim Calhoun, and that's fine. I think (hope) these kids learned what type of effort is needed. If they have, they're going to be a good team.
I know he is not JC. I know he makes changes. I also know it's not working. I agree about our young players taking time, but Jalen is a sophomore with over 30+ games. If, as another poster pointed out, JA reacted to Evans schooling him, then KO must instill that "I will show you who is the better player" attitude before games start.

JA was not motivated to play until he felt shown up. KO must motivate the players before games start. We can not wait for adversity to take hold before the team shows emotion and motivation. The fact that someone like JA needs to be motivated in his 2nd year is a reflection on JA and not KO. But, I still think the team and players reflect the demeanor of the coach, and these past few seasons, it is not good. Hopefully it is a start, especially for the young players. But there is no excuse for lack of motivation from our returning players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS