Adams and Gaffney | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Adams and Gaffney

Reaction Score
You must be joking. Young Andrew is not even close to competing at our level.
Do you remember Jeremy Lamb? He looked lost early on as a freshman. Calhoun kept saying he was special but he wasn't showing anything on the court. It was a head scratcher. Then, suddenly, BAM, he was good, than great.

Just saying. Maybe no one is joking.

Reaction Score
Do you remember Jeremy Lamb? He looked lost early on as a freshman. Calhoun kept saying he was special but he wasn't showing anything on the court. It was a head scratcher. Then, suddenly, BAM, he was good, than great.

Just saying. Maybe no one is joking.
He said Andrew, not Andre.

Reaction Score
He said Andrew, not Andre.
Yeah, I'm not sure this guy could help much. ?

andrew jackson smiling GIF

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm not sure this guy could help much. ?

andrew jackson smiling GIF
I heard he could really ball. Left his opponents in a trail of tears.

Tasteless jokes aside, I was trying to point out that @ucp990411 was talking about Andrew Hurley, and @Palatine responded as if he was talking about Andre Jackson. At least that's how it appeared to me.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
so, we got,
dre and drew,
ty and ty,
josh, james, and jalen,
adams, akok, and adama,
rj and richey.
who let whaley in?
poetic. lol.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The only guards on the roster are RJ, Bouk, Adams and Gaffney. They can list Martin and Andre however they want on the roster, but Martin is a 3 versatile enough to give you minutes at the 2 or 4 and Jackson, however they list him, is not capable of playing the 2 at this stage of his career. Nor was he playing that in his cameos before the injury.

Either Martin or Cole needs to be out there at all times and if Martin can spell Adams and give you a couple, a few minutes at the 2, you take them.

The scouting report on Jackson's defense indicates he could be elite as a 2 or 3. I haven't seen anything other than the few games and a couple minutes recruiting tape, but it looks like D1 is a little too fast at the moment. Its academic at this point anyhow, as he is not due back for a couple weeks at least.

Be that as it may, I would continue to start Cole, Adams, Martin, Whaley, and Sanogo, with Carlton platooning with Sanogo. Dependent on the flow of the game, I'd aim for the 6 or 7 minute mark to sub in Gaffney and Polley for Cole and Adams and drop Martin to the 2 until after the TV TO. From then on, either Martin or Cole, or both need to be on the court.

Perhaps it is time to enlist Ritchie Springs' five fouls.

(Edit: Didn't considered Akok in the above, as he is still working his way back. Jackson, a healthy Akok and Bouknight return in early February is a great probably to have.).

Reaction Score
They made a mistake with the roster construction where they left themselves a guard short. I theorize this is because they thought Dre was going to play guard/wing but he A physically looks and moves more like a forward and B got injured.

I like the idea of giving Andrew some run, maybe 5-7 minutes per. Have him be an extension of his father on the floor, the smartest player on the floor. We have enough pieces underneath that if he gets beat on D we can make up for it.
?????????

Reaction Score
Hey, did you see that steal and break away dunk the other day? Josh should be able to hold down the SG spot for 5 minutes a game. :rolleyes:
Or maybe run the point. He could probably see over the defense and find the open shooter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom