Adamec: Vandy on OUR bench? Nov. 2015? Euro trip??? | The Boneyard

Adamec: Vandy on OUR bench? Nov. 2015? Euro trip???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
http://snyuconn.com/uconn/ex-vanderbilt-guard-lister-on-uconns-side/#more-14135

The link is to Carl's article about Jasmine Lister who played at Vandy.

BTW: in another article Carl says that Geno is looking for an exempt tourney next year
around Thanksgiving....play 3 but it only counts for one. Hasn't found one yet but is looking.
He considered a Euro trip this coming summer but will pass on it due to lots of our players next year being involved in USA Basketball events and of course with Kia involved with the Canadian national team.

The summer after? He will be in Rio.....so it might be hard to arrange a Euro trip then as well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Cool. I didn't know we had a GA.

She logged a lot of PT for Vandy.

I was at the NCAA tourney game against Vandy. They did play hard and kept us down to 77 points.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I am pretty sure that Jasmine Lister is the player who was featured and allowed to speak at the high level womens basketball meetings in Nashville Monday afternoon before the final four. The young lady was a guard from Vanderbilt, and I believe it was Jasmine was a very outspoken unofficial spokesperson for athletes rights. She said she has been in close contact with players all over the country about the Northwestern Decision. It was the last meeting of the day and most of the WBB announcers, many coaches, heads of NCAA and WNBA were there. And I can tell you that the almost dare I say "revolution" that was discussed to solve the issues of the oppressed student athlete in this country is scary. I had a few private conversations with some of the "grand Puba's", down there after that meeting and they are very very nervous that some of the efforts that are in the works. I have no love for the NCAA, but if much of the union initiative moves forward, the game & sports that I love, will never be the same. As I said, this was triggered when I saw her name. And I am pretty sure she was the young lady who spoke. She was very well spoken.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Per Carl's article, Jasmine Lister came highly recommended by Sue Bird. That's a pretty good reference, I'd say.

Reaction Score
Odd question for you Husky experts. How many times in the last 8 years has UCONN played a team with less loses than them? Tonight's game is one example. :)

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Per Carl's article, Jasmine Lister came highly recommended by Sue Bird. That's a pretty good reference, I'd say.
I'm not arguing that. Just telling what I heard.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I'm not arguing that. Just telling what I heard.

I wasn't arguing with you...I was just adding something I had read. Your post was very informative, and I enjoyed it. I just hadn't read it before I posted mine. No offense intended.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I wasn't arguing with you...I was just adding something I had read. Your post was very informative, and I enjoyed it. I just hadn't read it before I posted mine. No offense intended.
Thks Chicago- I'm hoping I'm wrong , and it was another star guard from Vandy- but I don't think so. The words were scary. Good news is the team is looking better and better I think! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom