Adamec: upcoming trip.... | The Boneyard

Adamec: upcoming trip....

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Carl reports that the team is staying down south after the Tulane game on Wednesday. They play SMU Saturday evening and apparently will not return home till after that game.

Hmmm...does Christyn have a game Thursday or Friday? If so, I bet one of the staff goes to check on her.
Hmmm#2: any kids from the area we are looking at for underclassmen? Maybe a chance to go see a couple of them.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hmmm...does Christyn have a game Thursday or Friday? If so, I bet one of the staff goes to check on her.

Williams plays Wednesday. CD just watched her last week so I don't know if they'd see her again. Maybe Geno would stop by.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
BTW: relevant to absolutely nothing

A while back Carl reported that Geno was having a conversation with Christyn. At some point Geno said something like 'I'll talk to you tomorrow'. Her response was "okey-dokey". Apparently Geno got a huge kick out of that....saying 'who says okey-dokey' anymore. [Actually I do..among many other wonderful people]. Anyway Geno was absolutely charmed....maybe by her overall small-town manners.

Anyway: sounds to me like a great nickname for the crowd to chant when Christyn makes a basket.
As in the crowd chanting Beruuuuube when Carla did something good. or the crowd chanting 'Amy doesn't foul' when some misguided ref dared to call one on her.

HGN

Reaction Score
BTW: relevant to absolutely nothing

A while back Carl reported that Geno was having a conversation with Christyn. At some point Geno said something like 'I'll talk to you tomorrow'. Her response was "okey-dokey". Apparently Geno got a huge kick out of that....saying 'who says okey-dokey' anymore. [Actually I do..among many other wonderful people]. Anyway Geno was absolutely charmed....maybe by her overall small-town manners.

Anyway: sounds to me like a great nickname for the crowd to chant when Christyn makes a basket.
As in the crowd chanting Beruuuuube when Carla did something good. or the crowd chanting 'Amy doesn't foul' when some misguided ref dared to call one on her.
I do remember when that happened and him saying that....:)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Carl reports that the team is staying down south after the Tulane game on Wednesday. They play SMU Saturday evening and apparently will not return home till after that game.
That would be a very tough turnaround to come home. Arrive in early Thursday morning to turn around and fly back down Fri night???

Besides I'd much rather hang out in New Orleans or Dallas than Storrs. Especially in Feb. :cool:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Hmmm#2: any kids from the area we are looking at for underclassmen? Maybe a chance to go see a couple of them.
Wonder if Geno is bringing along his clubs?

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Well, he's doing a podcast with Mark Cuban from Dallas, so I guess he'll be keeping busy.

Reaction Score
Wonder if Geno is bringing along his clubs?
Leave the clubs and bring a fishing pole. Heavy rain all week.

I saw this posted by the alumni assoc

Please join us at the Dallas County Club for an intimate conversation with UConn women's basketball Coach Geno Auriemma about the current basketball season and the state of UConn Nation.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
On a side note, Adamec also reports that UConn's Facebook page will broadcast the senior night ceremonies prior to the South Florida game next Monday.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Leave the clubs and bring a fishing pole. Heavy rain all week.

I saw this posted by the alumni assoc

Please join us at the Dallas County Club for an intimate conversation with UConn women's basketball Coach Geno Auriemma about the current basketball season and the state of UConn Nation.
I wonder if they do much fishing at the Dallas Country Club?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
When I saw the schedule I strongly suspected they would stay down south.

So, after this two game trip ending February 24, they have one last regular season game at Gampel. Then, three at Mohegan Sun in early March, and at least 10 days thereafter before first round NCAA at Gampel.

Not out of state again until March 24, and then not too far away in Albany.

After the extensive travel UConn has put up with this season, it is nice for them to have a full month in the State of Connecticut to take care of whatever needs taking care of - health, fine tuning skills and team play, studies - and get the engines revved up for the final push.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's still February, but in New Orleans it's t-shirt n shorts weather...the crawfish are running. True, it's a couple of weeks early for the azaleas and the Confederate jasmine, but in most respects, Spring has emerged in pretty full force. Great place for our favorite team to enjoy a bit of R&R and mutual bonding...just sayin'!

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
It's still February, but in New Orleans it's t-shirt n shorts weather...the crawfish are running. True, it's a couple of weeks early for the azaleas and the Confederate jasmine, but in most respects, Spring has emerged in pretty full force. Great place for our favorite team to enjoy a bit of R&R and mutual bonding...just sayin'!

I'll bet that either last night, or tonight after the game, a great NOLA dinner was/ will be had by our travelling party. Geno won't have them eating room service in that town!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom