Adamec Speaks on Game Day | The Boneyard

Adamec Speaks on Game Day

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Chris Dailey's first impression of working alongside Geno Auriemma 32 years ago has lasted a lifetime.

"I thought he was crazy," Dailey said Monday of their Nov. 23, 1985, debut on the University of Connecticut women's basketball team's sideline, a 73-67 overtime win at Iona that featured Auriemma picking up two technical fouls. "I was like, 'Oh my goodness.' "

Yet, Ms. Decorous didn't leave, screaming. Thank God huh.

Geno: "The milestones, for whatever reason and I don't know if it's me or the times we live in, just don't feel the same. It doesn't. I don't know if we have become numb to all the winning. The numbers are too ridiculous to believe."

"It's amazing, and you're in awe of all the things that they've accomplished," UConn All-American Napheesa Collier said. "It's unheard of what they've done. I'm proud to be here and proud that I've been a small part of what they've been able to do."

Grandma Nurse has her eye on the prize, despite the crowd noise.

"We're fortunate being in this position, having this platform, that there's always something going on around here," UConn guard Kia Nurse said. "Whether it's a milestone, HBO being here, SNY being here, the writers being here, it's always something. But there is an understanding, 'This is what we have to focus on today.' We don't let the outside come into it when it's time to practice or time to play a game. This milestone doesn't happen if we don't take care of business."

Geno Auriemma bids for 1,000th career win tonight

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Love everyone involved in the program. All our players, past and present, are well spoken, but Kia in particular seems wise beyond her years... She may be a hockey bruiser on the court but she's all eloquence in quotes!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky
Top Bottom