Adamec: Recruit Williams plays, tweaks knee in game last night | The Boneyard

Adamec: Recruit Williams plays, tweaks knee in game last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“Thank you everyone for your well wishes and everything but I do feel good!” Williams tweeted late Friday night. “It was just a tweak I’m walking I can bend it just fine!” :rolleyes:

LINK

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what to make out of the latest news. Obviously, I hope she'll be 100% soon. I'll even take 100% later.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
That's two 'tweeks' in two consecutive games. Maybe Williams should chat with Caroline Doty.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Looks like I'm hittin' the sauce again........

130552399_maalox-advanced-maximum-strength-wild-berry-antacid-.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm not at all clear whether she has 'tweaked' it once or twice. Adamec clearly interprets her tweet as a second instance, but I'm not sure that's what she's saying. Did she, in fact, come out of the game last night because she 'tweaked' it again or is her tweet “Thank you everyone for your well wishes and everything but I do feel good! It was just a tweak I’m walking I can bend it just fine!” a reference to the original 'tweak' on Tuesday? I guess the answer lies in what she means by 'it'. Is 'it' the tweak on Tuesday or another 'tweak' on Friday? I wonder if Adamec also spoke to her or her father and that's why he wrote the article the way he did or is he just going by her twitter comment.

Reaction Score
Gabby scored 16 of her teams 33 pts. in a 46-33 loss Friday night. I don't have the details but Gabby's team, Reed, was outscored 17-0 in the final quarter. I would take a guess that Gabby didn't play much if at all in the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
That's two 'tweeks' in two consecutive games. Maybe Williams should chat with Caroline Doty.
She obviously tweeked it only once and played Friday because it was a rivalry game though she didn't play that long, so as not to risk a problem with her "previously tweeked" knee. There was only ONE tweek and that occurred earlier in the week. I do feel that she should really insure not to overdo until such time as the potential for another tweek or worse ends.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
She obviously tweeked it only once and played Friday because it was a rivalry game though she didn't play that long, so as not to risk a problem with her "previously tweeked" knee. There was only ONE tweek and that occurred earlier in the week. I do feel that she should really insure not to overdo until such time as the potential for another tweek or worse ends.
From the Sparks Tribune reporter at the game:

Nathan Shoup ‏@Trib_Shoup 20h
Reno pulling away now up 38-33 with 2:45 left but Williams has left the gym...

Okay now she's back in gym but sitting on the bench. It's her knee...

I hate to say it and certainly hope not, but considering her future, we may have seen the last of Williams in a Reed basketball uniform...

That said, she is walking on it but very gingerly.

Nathan Shoup ‏@Trib_Shoup 17h
Obviously wishing @GabbthePro all the best. It's hard watching such a gifted athlete go through this.

Reaction Score
Sounds like she's pushing it harder than she needs to be. Dad does know best on this issue, but at the same time, dads (according to many a teenager) know nothing. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom