Adamec: neat info on Stewie's coming 'home' game | The Boneyard

Adamec: neat info on Stewie's coming 'home' game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Hamilton's about 45 miles west of the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
About an hour from Syracuse on the roads available.

Reaction Score
So how does Geno sub tonight? Clearly whatever five he goes with will be overwhelming for Colgate. At the same time, he can't put Stewie out there for the first quarter and call off the dogs since all those people are coming to watch her.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So how does Geno sub tonight? Clearly whatever five he goes with will be overwhelming for Colgate. At the same time, he can't put Stewie out there for the first quarter and call off the dogs since all those people are coming to watch her.
Oh she'll play plenty, the other starters, eh maybe not so much. I imagine she'll get 25-30. Maybe a little more. She'll play the 1st quarter, most of the 2nd. A lot of the third and then she'll make a cameo in the 4th and be subbed out for her ovation.

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
Stewie will get significant minutes, the other starters not so much. Liberal substitution pattern I would hope. Geno doesn't want to run the score up too much. I think this will be a game where everybody will see PT. I wouldn't be surprised to see Geno run some clock on many possessions , and not press as much.

Plus , everybody may get in the scoring column. :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Tonight would also be the perfect time to for Geno to take the wraps off of Natalie Butler, and formally introduce her to the UConn faithful. The moment we've all been waiting for. It would be nice to finally see Natalie make her debut, and get about 10-15 minutes of floor time tonight.

After Saturday's game against Florida State in Uncasville, the team will break for finals, returning to action on December 21 against LSU at the XL Center. It would be nice to get a couple of looks at Natalie before the Christmas break.

Reaction Score
Tonight would also be the perfect time to for Geno to take the wraps off of Natalie Butler, and formally introduce her to the UConn faithful. The moment we've all been waiting for. It would be nice to finally see Natalie make her debut, and get about 10-15 minutes of floor time tonight.

After Saturday's game against Florida State in Uncasville, the team will break for finals, returning to action on December 21 against LSU at the XL Center. It would be nice to get a couple of looks at Natalie before the Christmas break.

The game at Uncasville is on Friday night, and starts at 6:00 pm.

Reaction Score
When I first heard about the Colgate Stewie homecoming game, I wondered if they had tried to schedule game with Cornell. Ithaca is about an hours drive from Syracuse and Newman arena seats about 4,500.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised to see all the reserves on the court midway thru the 2nd half including Tierney and Polly, espeically if the score is something like 50-10. Not saying he will do that, but I don't see UCONN scoring much over 100 in this game and I'm hopeful that Ek, Chong Samuelson and Collier get tons of minutes. I think they all can be productive and that will help their confidence, especially Chong and Ekmark...

Reaction Score
The Syracuse - Coppin State will be streamed on ESPN3 at 7 EST tonight. :rolleyes:

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
The game at Uncasville is on Friday night, and starts at 6:00 pm.
Is it six? I thought my ticket or schedule said 5:15- which seamed odd to me. I could be wrong bout that!

Reaction Score
"Stewart was a part of a Syracuse record crowd of 4,357 on that January, 2012, night."

I was part of that crowd! the only Husky gave I've seen live. Tiffany Hayes had 30 points. My young friend who was with me still refers to Dolson as "the tall one."

Reaction Score
Wasn't it against Syracuse that Geno had the players run out the shot clock because the other team was so physical with our guys? In the Maya years, I think.

Reaction Score
Wasn't it against Syracuse that Geno had the players run out the shot clock because the other team was so physical with our guys? In the Maya years, I think.

No, that was against Marquette - the officials weren't calling anything against Marquette, and Geno took it to the shot clock violation for the remainder of the second half, at least 2 or 3 minutes.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
No, that was against Marquette - the officials weren't calling anything against Marquette, and Geno took it to the shot clock violation for the remainder of the second half, at least 2 or 3 minutes.
I forgot about that! I'd love to see a replay of that game, at least the last 5 minutes of it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom