Adamec: must read...fantastic article on Courtney Ekmark! | The Boneyard

Adamec: must read...fantastic article on Courtney Ekmark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
http://journalinquirer.com/articles/2013/03/07/sports/doc51376d7cc0461209102161.txt

The link is to Carl's article in Wednesday's JI. The Dean of the Horde has hit a home run with this one...not just any home run but a grand slam.

Fascinating stuff about our 2014 verbal....mentions of an eclectic gathering of topics:

blood....flood in Hartford....broken bone....dead skunk [in the middle of the road?...olde timers out
there....what folk singer does that reference?]...Jennifer Aniston nose...tsunami....serve and volley practice coming up for Courtney...Dad eager to coach up Saniya in New Orleans.

The ND game was a bummer but this article makes you anticipate Courtney's first Jump Ball in Storrs with a wide grin. Only bummer here is that we have to wait 18 months for that to happen...hmm...15 months before some of us will get to see her play in the fall scrimmages.
We got us a winner....period.

A great article by Carl.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sounds much more optimistic than the report we had from someone last week.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Note: St. Mary's was national #3 recently in the USAToday rankings. Last year they were undefeated and won the mythical national championship. Their loss to Mater Dei [Katie Samuelson] at the Nike event meant that they needed a double shot of help to win it again.

They got half of that. Mater Dei was #1 but lost in the California state tourney....73-72 to a top 25 team.
They are now #7 in the USAToday rankings. But previous #2 Duncanville [Texas] won their state tourney and finished the season at 42-0 [yikes....42 games in one season]. They are now #1 and presumably will stay there....St. Mary's at #2. Close but no cigar.

St. Mary's is losing a ton of seniors who will play D1. Courtney will have a huge challenge and a huge opportunity to keep that team next year at a fairly high level given the graduations.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
St. Mary's had 5 players nominated for the McDonald's AA game, while the entire state of Connecticut had none!

Reaction Score
http://journalinquirer.com/articles/2013/03/07/sports/doc51376d7cc0461209102161.txt

The link is to Carl's article in Wednesday's JI. The Dean of the Horde has hit a home run with this one...not just any home run but a grand slam.

Fascinating stuff about our 2014 verbal....mentions of an eclectic gathering of topics:

blood....flood in Hartford....broken bone....dead skunk [in the middle of the road?...olde timers out
there....what folk singer does that reference?]...Jennifer Aniston nose...tsunami....serve and volley practice coming up for Courtney...Dad eager to coach up Saniya in New Orleans.

The ND game was a bummer but this article makes you anticipate Courtney's first Jump Ball in Storrs with a wide grin. Only bummer here is that we have to wait 18 months for that to happen...hmm...15 months before some of us will get to see her play in the fall scrimmages.
We got us a winner....period.

A great article by Carl.

I liked Courtney's reply when the surgeon told her she'd have to have surgery if she got hit again. "Fine. I'll get the Jennifer Aniston nose." Talk about a tough, young girl. Looking forward to Courtney teaming with KML, Kiah, Breanna, Morgan, Brianna, Moriah and Saniya. That's one heckuva seven right there.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
"..stinkin' to high heaven!" that would be Louden Wainwright III, who, very briefly, played Captain Spalding on M*A*S*H*

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Pinot...bingo! Extra credit for his Mash connection. Was that just a one time appearance?

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I don't think so - if I recall correctly, he was added as a regular cast member, maybe at the start of the second season - but, he seemed to fade away after just a few episodes.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I have a feeling that Courtney will be similar to Kelly as she'll do all the hard work that's rarely recognized on stats sheets. Geno, fans and the team will appreciate her effort. Courtney, like Kelly will do whatever it takes for the team to be successful. I'm hoping that Courtney will look for her shot more often then Kelly has in her career at UConn.

Reaction Score
Fantastic article blake...thanks for sharing! Looking forward to Courtney joining the team in the fall of 2014.

I have a feeling that Courtney will be similar to Kelly as she'll do all the hard work that's rarely recognized on stats sheets. Geno, fans and the team will appreciate her effort. Courtney, like Kelly will do whatever it takes for the team to be successful. I'm hoping that Courtney will look for her shot more often then Kelly has in her career at UConn.

I agree, though I believe Courtney's reputation in high school is that she has the ability to put up quite a few points (including a healthy 3-pt range), and her projected role is that of shooting guard in college. She's also recognized as a solid defender, much like Kelly.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Fantastic article blake...thanks for sharing! Looking forward to Courtney joining the team in the fall of 2014.

I agree, though I believe Courtney's reputation in high school is that she has the ability to put up quite a few points (including a healthy 3-pt range), and her projected role is that of shooting guard in college. She's also recognized as a solid defender, much like Kelly.

A coach's daughter who takes a gutty approach to the game and a "do it all, never take a play off," attitude. Yep that sounds like Faris 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom