Adamec: Kyla article...lots of Marisa quotes | The Boneyard

Adamec: Kyla article...lots of Marisa quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
While I think all of us are excited for the trio coming in, Dangerfield is the highest ranked and most awarded. Her game is similar to Jefferson's and while her growth at UCONN is up to her, I think most of us have some idea of what to expect.

However, for Bent and Irwin - maybe some have an idea but I do not. A pair of kids who weren't very highly rated in high school, but who have temperaments, work ethics, and characters that appear to be 2nd to none. Some have said Molly is better than her ratings. With our limited depth in the post, Kyla has a chance to make an immediate impact. I think for the "big girls" (Thank you Kara Wolters!), fitness is a big issue for many of them.

It took Stef a couple of years to transform her body. Kyla has the whole summer to work on it and hopefully it will pay off for her come November because the opportunity is there. As Marisa said, she will need to get into the best shape of her life. It will be much harder next year when she's competing against Camara and Stevens for PT... I'm really rooting for this kid and am excited to follow her as she begins her UCONN journey!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As i have said prior...

I am very High on what Kyla can be . There is just A LOT there ! ( skills, attributes )

Coach, you sit on a pretty high roost here in the yard. If YOU say she's gonna be fan fan (boneyard) favorite, then we've got a lot to look forward to. Hopefully she'll be able to contribute some meaningful (non-garbage) minutes this upcoming season. What a boost for the program if she could work her way into the 7-8 man rotation.

Reaction Score
It took Stef a couple of years to transform her body. Kyla has the whole summer to work on it and hopefully it will pay off for her come November because the opportunity is there. !
Agreed, but I think Kyla is already in pretty good shape. She runs the floor very strongly; in fact, she loves running. She's pretty fit, cardio-wise, I think. She needs to get stronger (which is common for all freshmen, as they are suddenly playing against 22 yr olds--grown women), to take advantage of her broadness underneath the boards. But she's not really Stef-like, who was a pure post. Kyla has a good outside shot and sees herself as a 4-5, rather than a true 5, as Marisa compared her to Tuck.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
Carnac - experience tells me you can never fully forecast how quickly any Freshman will consistently adjust to college basketball... nevermind High Major D1 ( and what UConn demands on both ends ). And even the ones that adjust relatively quickly..are usually up & down

but this young lady is a true "throwback " ... and I do expect her to be a consistent part of rotation by January of next year ( if not sooner )

for me... when I have watched Kyla prior, I have evoked a vision of her having both some Morgan Tuck (height / frame , versatile skill set, IQ ) & some
Tyler Hansbrough - former UNC mbb player ( rugged, relentless motor, visibly spirited,etc ) in what she brings to floor.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Carnac - experience tells me you can never fully forecast how quickly any Freshman will consistently adjust to college basketball... nevermind High Major D1 ( and what UConn demands on both ends ). And even the ones that adjust relatively quickly..are usually up & down

but this young lady is a true "throwback " ... and I do expect her to be a consistent part of rotation by January of next year ( if not sooner )

for me... when I have watched Kyla prior, I have evoked a vision of her having both some Morgan Tuck (height / frame , versatile skill set, IQ ) & some
Tyler Hansbrough - former UNC mbb player ( rugged, relentless motor, visibly spirited,etc ) in what she brings to floor.
Great to hear from you coach. You've virtually taken the words right out of my mouth. Except when I've attempted to say it, it come out as an anagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom