Adamec: Injuries derail Uconn walk-on hopeful | The Boneyard

Adamec: Injuries derail Uconn walk-on hopeful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Too bad she has some injuries. Sounds like she would have been a useful addition with experience at DivIII. Plus she's a CT kid. Maybe next year.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Oh wow just saw her on the All Access show and was wondering what happened to her.
Yeah, she was so excited to become part of the team.... I really liked her expression as Geno was laying out the challenge. Hope she can do it next year.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yeah, would have been nice if she could be here this year, but next year is more critical, hope it works out.

Reaction Score
I think she is the type of person who is tough enough to hang out till next year and also realizes her place will always be in practice and on the bench and doesn't care!

Agree! I think she sticks around and provides at the least practice player next season! I hope she does and is healthy. Could end up being a feel good story down the line!
Ira

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tough break for Pope, but this may be a big opportunity. If she observes this year, that will help her. She should have 2 years of eligibility left. With her experience and ability, she could contribute, even if only at the end of games. This may be part of what Geno was thinking in terms of getting next year's roster from 9 to 12. I hope Erica McCall decides to grab the 10th spot.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Such a bummer for her. I liked the little snippet on her in the SNY special on UCONN... Since she's not been offered a scholly, wouldn't she have unlimited "eligibility"? As a walk on who is paying her own way, I'm not sure she has any eligibility to speak of for the women's team, but I could be wrong...

Reaction Score
Such a bummer for her. I liked the little snippet on her in the SNY special on UCONN... Since she's not been offered a scholly, wouldn't she have unlimited "eligibility"? As a walk on who is paying her own way, I'm not sure she has any eligibility to speak of for the women's team, but I could be wrong...

She would continue to have 2 years of eligibility remaining as I understand it Eric.
Ira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020