Adamec: Hartley has a changing role | The Boneyard

Adamec: Hartley has a changing role

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
wow what a great article on her. really encapsulates what is expected of her and what she expects of herself this year.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting Carl's latest; I love his articles.

“Bria’s come in this year and has been consistently one of our hardest workers,” Auriemma said. “Jennifer laid it on the line for her down at the world championships. Just because you’re a college player, you’re at UConn, you’ve played in the Final Four, that doesn’t mean anything. You can’t just get ready for games. You have to be ready all the time. She’s made a big impression on every kid and every coach here with how hard she has worked this preseason.”

All signs are pointing toward a big year for Bria.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I loved this quote also (speaking of CD):

“That would help a lot,” Hartley said. “Caroline understands what we do here. She knows how to win. She’s won the national championship here. Her return brings us leadership and experience that helps not just me but the whole team.”

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to watch Caroline this year and see if she has learned to keep her emotions somewhat more 'constant', so to speak. Geno has spoken on her highly emotional nature and how it can be a great strength and also a weakness. I'm thinking that a year on the sidelines, observing, talking to the coaches, might give her a little more even-keeled perspective this season. While I don't want Caroline to lose her fire, one has to know how to control the fire in order to be effective as a leader and a PG. I think she's going to have a great year.

Reaction Score
Can't say enough about Bria and what she did for the team as a freshman. Did everything asked of her and more. She never let down or backed down to the best.
I think she will leave a legacy here.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Did anyone else who attended First Night and witnessed the 3-point shooting contest notice that Bria's jump shot now seems to have a lot more "arc" than it did a year ago? I remember Chris Dailey commenting on how Bria's jump shot was very flat and thus unduly blockable. She seems to have worked on that over the summer, and she now has a jump shot with at least a normal amount of arc, so it should be less blockable.

She still has a pretty quick release -- she finished the 20 shots in about 42 or 43 seconds, several seconds faster than KML. She was awarded 11 points, some of which were on "money shots" (the last of 5 shots from each location, which was counted as 2 points rather than 1), so she probably hit 8 or 9 out of 20 3-point shots. They were taken in rapid succession under time pressure, but obviously without any defense to contend with.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Did anyone else who attended First Night and witnessed the 3-point shooting contest notice that Bria's jump shot now seems to have a lot more "arc" than it did a year ago? I remember Chris Dailey commenting on how Bria's jump shot was very flat and thus unduly blockable. She seems to have worked on that over the summer, and she now has a jump shot with at least a normal amount of arc, so it should be less blockable.

She still has a pretty quick release -- she finished the 20 shots in about 42 or 43 seconds, several seconds faster than KML. She was awarded 11 points, some of which were on "money shots" (the last of 5 shots from each location, which was counted as 2 points rather than 1), so she probably hit 8 or 9 out of 20 3-point shots. They were taken in rapid succession under time pressure, but obviously without any defense to contend with.
Yes, I did notice this. The arc looks much different... and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom