Adamec: Geno talks about defense | The Boneyard

Adamec: Geno talks about defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Maybe UConn’s public relations department should find some catchy name for the Huskies’ defense.

“This team has their 40 minutes of hell and this team has their special press and this team has another thing they have so people talk about it a lot,” Auriemma said. “We don’t necessarily talk about it. We go out and play defense and figure out what we have to do to stop people and shut them down. Some of the teams we’ve had are better defensive teams than others. I don’t particularly think this is anything new at Connecticut that we’re a good defensive team. This has been going on for a long, long time."

“But everybody talks about how many points we score because we’re able to do something that’s hard to do. We recruit high school All-Americans that scored 16 million points in high school and get them to play defense when they come to college. It’s not easy to do. But we get them to do it. Playing South Florida, they’re one of the hardest teams to defend because of how much stuff they run and how many things they do. That’s why I’m happy with the defensive effort today because this is a hard team to play against.”

LINK

HGN

Reaction Score
Though we are down a few players we are fortunate enough , as Geno said , to have recruited All-American players at every position. UConn plays great defense because the players have athleticism , length, speed, and quickness. Geno then puts in the desire to want to play good defense.

And that's not easy to do with today's athletes. But somehow Geno gets them to do it year in and year out.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Though we are down a few players we are fortunate enough , as Geno said , to have recruited All-American players at every position. UConn plays great defense because the players have athleticism , length, speed, and quickness. Geno then puts in the desire to want to play good defense.

And that's not easy to do with today's athletes. But somehow Geno gets them to do it year in and year out.
If they want to play, they'll do it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't know if this is a trend, but I was wondering if Geno would have the team focus on defense a little more while Kaleena is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom