Adamec: Geno, MoJet didn't count on violation | The Boneyard

Adamec: Geno, MoJet didn't count on violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“I don’t want to say the wrong thing,” Jefferson said with a smile. “But I think we both had a mental fart right there, honestly. I knew the clock was going, he knew the clock was going, we just took too much time.”

LINK

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I found it interesting because I believe the whistle was blown with the clock at 21 seconds - I don't think she made it over half court anyway, but I thought the officials were supposed to use the shot clock and I really thought the whistle blew a half second early.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I had forgotten she had the ball on the baseline for a few seconds too.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I liked that she called it a "mental fart".

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wasn't that the first time for us all year?
Same kind of thing I think with Bria lolligagging her way up court as the clock ticked away - she was about five feet short of the line as 20 came up on the shot clock!

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Maybe my mind is trained to remember only the good things.

Perhaps...many, however, including myself, struggle to attain and maintain this level of positivity.

"Author and psychologist Buffington described the Zeigarnik effect by stating that people tend to remember negative experiences and feelings longer than positive ones. Moreover, people also feel a greater level of impact from negative messages than positive ones."

http://sevencounties.org/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=37538&cn=117

Reaction Score
Honestly, I hnow Geno does no wrong in " our " eyes, but, I thought it was one of the dumbest things I 've ever seen him do. I didn't like it

Reaction Score
When Geno called her over I said out loud "watch the clock". When they called the 10 seconds everyone around me was confused. Most didn't know that rule was implemented and had not seen it called before. That one is squarely on Geno.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Did Geno comment on it? I thought it was very big of MoJet to use the first person plural.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
how about when Bria handed the BYU coach the basketball after UConn was called for a offensive screen (I think)... that was funny, and a fart!

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Perhaps...many, however, including myself, struggle to attain and maintain this level of positivity.

"Author and psychologist Buffington described the Zeigarnik effect by stating that people tend to remember negative experiences and feelings longer than positive ones. Moreover, people also feel a greater level of impact from negative messages than positive ones."

http://sevencounties.org/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=37538&cn=117
-Wow. Thanks for taking the time to link this superb article, Oz.

- I only stumbled upon awareness Positive Psychology was a branch a couple years ago (when my kid taught it as a grad asst). As a knuckle dragging neophyte, I only mention that (not to presumptuously pigeon-hole the article there) to convey the context in which I found the last 6 paragraphs so highly motivating. Well, that and the fact I have a ton of unfinished family genealogy projects dangling over my head like The Sword of Damocles Ancestry.com.

- FWIW, I likened the potential benefit of those last half dozen paragraphs, in some ways, to the outstanding concept of the “C” Drawer in Alan Lakein’s classic How to get Control of your Time and your Life, pp 63-83.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
One of the things I laughed about in the whole event was Pam Ward's comment about MoJet lolligagging back there. She wasn't lolligagging she was trying to keep her balance and not fall out of bounds or step forward onto the line she was toeing.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I believe you can hear MoJo yelling something like "YO, I'M JUST ABOUT TO FALL OUT OF BOUNDS TURN BACK TOWARDS ME SO I CAN PASS IT TO YOU!"

Tho it might have been a tad pithier....

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Honestly, I hnow Geno does no wrong in " our " eyes, but, I thought it was one of the dumbest things I 've ever seen him do. I didn't like it
Ah, but he had warned us that 'if their coach (himself) does something really dumb and gets tossed' in the pre game presser. He was working on the first part, but CD controlled him better once she new he had been serious!:eek::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom