Adamec: Geno looked at an elite 2019'er | The Boneyard

Adamec: Geno looked at an elite 2019'er

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I haven't seen this posted so I mention it here. Carl reports that Geno did not accompany the team back to Storrs after the Temple game.....rather he went to see Samantha Brunelle play in Virginia....Sam the #1 player in 2019. Someone described her as a smaller EDD....not too much smaller....maybe 6'3"?

Reaction Score
I haven't seen this posted so I mention it here. Carl reports that Geno did not accompany the team back to Storrs after the Temple game.....rather he went to see Samantha Brunelle play in Virginia....Sam the #1 player in 2019. Someone described her as a smaller EDD....not too much smaller....maybe 6'3"?
Geno's knows this kid is worth every look---she will reward him big time should she opt for Uconn--she is the kind of player the University of Virginia (UVa) drools over.

HGN

Reaction Score
How did she do on the court that night?

Reaction Score
upload_2017-2-3_10-56-40.png

Give it some serious thought, Sam; UConn is where great Virginians go. Right, Meg?

Reaction Score
How did she do on the court that night?

31pts, 13rbs, 8blks, 4 assists. There a few pages regarding this in the 2019-20 recruiting thread for those interested.

Reaction Score
She lives 30 minutes from UVa. Fortunately, the Cavs have never been a contender in her lifetime (last sweet 16 was before her birth). And haven't made the tourney since 2010.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
31pts, 13rbs, 8blks, 4 assists. There a few pages regarding this in the 2019-20 recruiting thread for those interested.

That's a very impressive evening's work, especially when the coach of the #1 women's basketball team in the country is in the house to see YOU play. My only hope is that these numbers were put up against a formidable opponent, and not a cupcake. The strength of that night's opponent reflects how good she is, and the level of her skill set.

Reaction Score
Just like Megan Walker. :)
Walker is about an hour from UVA.:rolleyes:

Yeah but Brunelle is in rural VA. The ONLY thing nearby is Charlottesville, so she lives in the UVa orbit. Walker is from the Richmond area.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yeah but Brunelle is in rural VA. The ONLY thing nearby is Charlottesville, so she lives in the UVa orbit. Walker is from the Richmond area.
If she likes rural she'll love Storrs, CT.

Reaction Score
That's a very impressive evening's work, especially when the coach of the #1 women's basketball team in the country is in the house to see YOU play. My only hope is that these numbers were put up against a formidable opponent, and not a cupcake. The strength of that night's opponent reflects how good she is, and the level of her skill set.

Not particularly formidable............her numbers are somewhat inflated but the same can be said of many other recruits.......the talent still shines through

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Mentioned in the 19' recruit thread.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Just so you know who we're talking about.

i

Well, with Chong graduating and the #12 jersey available, she might as well come to Storrs and put that number on the HoH wall =D

Rare talent for her class

Reaction Score
Just like Megan Walker. :)

Walker is about an hour from UVA.:rolleyes:
Walker lives just south of the outerloop that runs around Richmond . Not really city Sam Lives outside of Charlottesville Va a little more country
But really good access to John Paul Jones (JPJ) Arena. JPJ is an hour away for me on 64. I would be nice to see both of them playing for Geno.
A good Va hospital there---I prefer Roanoak or Martinsburg, Wva--easier access.

Reaction Score
If she likes rural she'll love Storrs, CT.
:)

Seriously, Storrs is a pretty neat town. Small, but there's okay eating and shopping and a sizable student body for critical mass. Hartford is a mixed bag, of course, but it too has some pretty neat things: terrific restaurants (thanks to the insurance industry and it being the state capital) and a fantastic Athenaeum (which, recently remodeled, has a terrific restaurant as well). Quality of life is very high in Storrs. The problem is that there's not much else within easy distance, but you could do a lot, lot worse....And, if you're going to be spending most of your time in the gym and the classroom and hanging with your teammates, it's a very good (and safe!) place to spend four years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, with Chong graduating and the #12 jersey available, she might as well come to Storrs and put that number on the HoH wall =D

Rare talent for her class

Her high school number is actually 33

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
....And, if you're going to be spending most of your time in the gym and the classroom and hanging with your teammates, it's a very good (and safe!) place to spend four years.

Bingo. Then there is your charter plane, everything else first class/top drawer, TV for every game, NYC a heck of a lot closer to you than everyone south of Newark, ESPN so close you hardly need Geno to get into the building, world class dairy bar, the opportunity to scrimmage with homecoming WNBAers, lots of free stuff from Nike, the fact you can't pay for anything (wink, wink), gotta be something else.... wait, wait...it'll come to me....Ah, yes, the Trophies and the Banners you will help hang in the Hall of Champions. Yup, bad deal all around.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Taken.
Kib, come on you know the drill with UConn #'s all Brunelle will have to do is ask KLS is she can wear it and as is the custom for HoH numbers, the player will say yes! Think Maya and KLM....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom