Adamec: Gabby will be in the house on Sunday! | The Boneyard

Adamec: Gabby will be in the house on Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Rich's article about the surgery talks about how Geno told Gabby "I will never turn my back on you" and how much better that made her feel. Coach has a big heart. He may be a tough recruiter and coach, but he is also a very good person. I think it must be a very scary situation for Gabby to need more surgery.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Come to think...it should be pretty easy to identify her. Just be looking for a lovely young lady who looks incredibly athletic
and who is on crutches...in the elite seats. Hmm...another lovely young lady looking incredibly athletic might well be sitting next to her....Morgan after HER surgery...and both of them
a row or two deep to keep pell-mell hustle players [could be anyone on UConn] from crashing into them.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Rich's article about the surgery talks about how Geno told Gabby "I will never turn my back on you" and how much better that made her feel. Coach has a big heart. He may be a tough recruiter and coach, but he is also a very good person. I think it must be a very scary situation for Gabby to need more surgery.
And unfortunately but most important of all he has concrete examples to point to demonstrating that his word is truth.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Interestingly in the article about her operation, her dad is quoted as saying he hopes she redshirts next season.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Interestingly in the article about her operation, her dad is quoted as saying he hopes she redshirts next season.

Her first injury took place around the same time on the calendar, I think(?), and she first took the court + 1 year from the injury, so I think Matt is probably (A) assuming a similar timeline and (B) would just like to see Gabby take a conservative route, given the recent events, especially because this is her 2nd go-round with that knee. Banks' rehab was shorter but if Gabby needs a longer rehab, maybe looking ahead to the 2015 season would be in her best interests.

We will see what happens with her rehab timeline. I just want her to be 100% healthy , or as close to it as possible, when she first laces them up for a real game. Having the other three excellent guards (or wing in Ekmark's case) coming in with her certainly makes it easier to imagine her waiting the additional year if that's what she decides is best. We are truly blessed with the quality of this class.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That may not be a bad idea. She's probably not thrilled with that though.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Speaking speculatively (like most Boneyarders), I believe it is not a stretch to think that Gabby's situation may at least reinforce and possibly strengthen Geno's recruiting of other prospects he is seeking.

I construe his reported comment to Gabby to mean that he guarantees her scholarship, regardless of the outome of her surgery -- that he will not "turn his back" by withdrawing his scholarship offer now or later. I also attach some significance to this surgery being performed here in Connecticut rather than in Nevada.

If this is correct (reminds me of Hunter, possibly Doty), you can be sure that the word gets out to other recruits, their familes, and their coaches. This does not guarantee a single signing but it surely enhances Geno's already solid stature as a person whose character is of the same unmatched quality as his skill as a coach.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
BTW: we have read that Gabby's mom will be with her during her stay in Ct. [lasting maybe 10 days?]. During the game they showed a picture of
Morgan's mom as well. Meghan said that she would be here thru Sunday and was basically taking over her daughter's apartment with cleaning and cooking for Morgan and her roommates.
Moms! Love it!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
BTW: we have read that Gabby's mom will be with her during her stay in Ct. [lasting maybe 10 days?]. During the game they showed a picture of
Morgan's mom as well. Meghan said that she would be here thru Sunday and was basically taking over her daughter's apartment with cleaning and cooking for Morgan and her roommates.
Moms! Love it!

The cooking and cleaning thing is just a feint..... the real reason Morgan's mom is visiting is to secretly replenish her daughter's closet with a new, larger collection of designer fashions!

After all, Morgan has to maintain the high standard she's been setting, and now she'll be appearing on TV in 'street clothes' much more often...:p

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I really want Gabby--and Morgan--to get back to 100%. If a redshirt year helps, great.

The thought of her on the court with Moriah is very exciting. Add in Kia Nurse, Sadie Edwards, and maybe Asia Durr. Oooooh!

Reaction Score
You cannot have too many quality guards...........Geno knows best..........

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
And unfortunately but most important of all he has concrete examples to point to demonstrating that his word is truth.
He even allowed Doty to play soccer her Senior yr in High School! He does walk the walk that way. Unfortunately that one didn't go to well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom