Adamec: Doty and Geno's comments on the LOI's | The Boneyard

Adamec: Doty and Geno's comments on the LOI's

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“Why would I leave college if I can play basketball for Coach Auriemma?” Doty said. “I love it.”

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
“Each year when you get to the signing date you’re looking at the future of the next four years of your program to a certain extent,” Auriemma said. “Each year that the letters come in, it’s kind of like a down payment or something in the bank account towards the future. Some years, it’s significant. Some years, it’s just OK. This year I think what we’re going to add potentially is as good a threesome as we’ve had here in a long, long, long time.”

“These three are going to be the difference going forward. What we have is significant. The three that we’re adding are going to be what puts us back in that category where we can win a national championship.”

Geno and CD weren't messing around in 2012. You add this trio of girls to the 2010 and 2011 classes, with Kelly and Caroline in the mix next season while the 2012 class gets acclimated, and you have the nucleus of a basketball team with the opportunity to be historically great.

Caroline is taking the right approach. If you can earn credits towards a graduate degree for free while playing for the premier WCBB program in the country, that really is a no-brainer. Very little is guaranteed in terms of having a professional career, especially for Caroline, but if she can get more than halfway towards a Master's, in conjunction with her unique unergraduate experience and obvious leadership skills, there's no doubt in my mind that she will go far...even in this economy, Geno. ;)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I can see her in a 5th year, but I dont know about Heather Buck coming back for a 5th season?

Reaction Score
I can see her in a 5th year, but I dont know about Heather Buck coming back for a 5th season?
If Heather is still a nursing major it would likely to take her 5 years anyway. And she also gets one more year to play competitive basketball and all the things that come along with that at UConn. We praise Geno for recruiting for kids that care more about the team than themselves, and yet some of us expect players to walk out on the team the first chance they get just because everything has followed a dream scenario for them personally. Doesn't make much sense to me.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If Heather is still a nursing major it would likely to take her 5 years anyway. And she also gets one more year to play competitive basketball and all the things that come along with that at UConn. We praise Geno for recruiting for kids that care more about the team than themselves, and yet some of us expect players to walk out on the team the first chance they get just because everything has followed a dream scenario for them personally. Doesn't make much sense to me.
In fairness, Doty's and Buck's situations as basketball players are different in terms of what they get out of playing for UConn and professional prospects, so it's reasonable to ask. However, I'd imagine that the benefits in the women's game of a free education are so great that it would be foolish for any women's player to eschew any years of eligibility available to them.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It wouldn't surprise me to see Caroline around the program for a sixth year as a grad assistant while finishing a Masters.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
It wouldn't surprise me to see Caroline around the program for a sixth year as a grad assistant while finishing a Masters.
Agree. I think coaching may be in this young lady's future ala Shea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom