Adamec: Dawn Staley just LOVES Napheesa Collier! | The Boneyard

Adamec: Dawn Staley just LOVES Napheesa Collier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
collier.JPG

From Adamec's article, consider what high praise this is from Dawn Staley:

1. “Napheesa was great, she’s relentless." ;)

2. "She plays hard all of the time, and it doesn’t matter if it’s a game or if it’s practice. She sets the tone for how the game should be played."

3. Collier, averaged 14.0 points which was second-best on the club, a team-leading 8.6 rebounds, 3.4 assists, and 1.6 steals in 22.2 minutes as Team USA rolled to a 5-0 record.

4. She shot 56.3 percent from the floor and 55.6 percent (5-for-9) from 3-point land.

5. “She’s probably one of the most efficient players on both of the sides of the ball, She made stuff happen. She’s a magnet for the ball, a great offensive rebounder that can knock down open shots from inside and outside the 3-point line." :p

This young lady is gonna be awesome..!!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
View attachment 6867

From Adamec's article, consider what high praise this is from Dawn Staley:

1. “Napheesa was great, she’s relentless." ;)

2. "She plays hard all of the time, and it doesn’t matter if it’s a game or if it’s practice. She sets the tone for how the game should be played."

Sounds to me like she is just the type of player who is deserving of the #23 jersey, if she wants it. (Notice I did not quote her statistical production.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sounds to me like she is just the type of player who is deserving of the #23 jersey, if she wants it. (Notice I did not quote her statistical production.)
There might be competition for that.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
There might be competition for that.

True - but it will be between Nepheesa, KLS and Boykin, unless the jersey takes a break and nobody wears it.

Napheesa is the one who , in nearly every write-up I've seen, is talked about as being utterly relentless, driven and setting the tone for the entire squad, both in practice drills and in competition, to say nothing of some very good statistical production. To me, it's those intangibles that make her the most deserving. Just my 2 cents of course - who knows what number she will want, or end up wearing.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Napheesa could be like Nykesha and Kelly in that Geno rarely criticizes her. Come to think of it, I don't recall Geno saying anything bad about Morgan either. Kids who play hard and smart seem to make Coach happy.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
True - but it will be between Nepheesa, KLS and Boykin, unless the jersey takes a break and nobody wears it.

Napheesa is the one who , in nearly every write-up I've seen, is talked about as being utterly relentless, driven and setting the tone for the entire squad, both in practice drills and in competition, to say nothing of some very good statistical production. To me, it's those intangibles that make her the most deserving. Just my 2 cents of course - who knows what number she will want, or end up wearing.
KLS will want #33!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I don't want to start any controversy by stating this, but I am a little surprised by Dawn being willing to go 'on the record' about a 'prospective student athlete' who has not yet signed a letter of intent. I understand she wears two hats as a USA coach of an under 18 team and as a college coach, but as a college coach making any comments about a high school player who is a potential recruit is actually a violation, especially after the fact as opposed to during the actual USA team competition.
All that being said - glad to have her opinion on a future Uconn commit.

Reaction Score
She'd look good in it...and do it proud, I'd say...

Reaction Score
I don't want to start any controversy by stating this, but I am a little surprised by Dawn being willing to go 'on the record' about a 'prospective student athlete' who has not yet signed a letter of intent. I understand she wears two hats as a USA coach of an under 18 team and as a college coach, but as a college coach making any comments about a high school player who is a potential recruit is actually a violation, especially after the fact as opposed to during the actual USA team competition.
All that being said - glad to have her opinion on a future Uconn commit.
Such are the perks of coaching USA Basketball...

Reaction Score
"Staley just LOVES Napheesa" ? I think I do too. Every time I've seen her play, I've been VERY impressed.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
As do we Staley, as do we!

Can't wait for her to suit up.

Come on season. Let the title defense start!!!

GO UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger