Adamec: Collier colossal again | The Boneyard

Adamec: Collier colossal again

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Phee said her team mates have been giving her the ball where she could be highly successful. And then she said (close paraphrase) " I want them to trust that if they get me the ball in those places I am going to score." I did a double take hearing that, but I loved it.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
After her recent hot stretch, Napheesa is hitting on 64% of her shots inside the arc. Last year she hit 62.6% from inside three. Her sophomore year? An incredible 70.9% on 2-pt FG's.

Might explain why Geno said today that her sophomore season was one of the greatest he's ever witnessed.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Just a side bar comment to all of the adulation about Collier, I submit that she has the best hands on the team. She never fumbles passes. Not even the bad ones. She’s had the best hands on the team since Stewie left.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Just a side bar comment to all of the adulation about Collier, I submit that she has the best hands on the team. She never fumbles passes. Not even the bad ones. She’s had the best hands on the team since Stewie left.
Spot on. She's a Hoover (vacuum cleaner) inside.

Reaction Score
After her recent hot stretch, Napheesa is hitting on 64% of her shots inside the arc. Last year she hit 62.6% from inside three. Her sophomore year? An incredible 70.9% on 2-pt FG's.

Might explain why Geno said today that her sophomore season was one of the greatest he's ever witnessed.
He also mentioned this year is right there with that sophomore season.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There is one line in Carl's article which is very accurate and might regretfully ultimately cost Napheesa the NPOY award:
"But Collier is a quiet one, though her actions speak loudly."
This is not the first time that Napheesa was being overlooked for such awards.
In 2015 I believe it was @DavidinNaples who made the case that Collier should have been named MVP of the FIBA U19 tournament-that award ultimately went to A'Ja Wilson.
Napheesa's historically efficient sophomore season reference above @Sluconn Husky only amounted her be named AAC Co-player of the year. While being co-player in any conference is a great accomplishment it does not help when a co-POY is competing for national awards.
It is a function of this short attention span, sports center age we are living in, where consistent, great, and quiet will likely lose out to occasionally great and loud.

Reaction Score
There is one line in Carl's article which is very accurate and might regretfully ultimately cost Napheesa the NPOY award:
"But Collier is a quiet one, though her actions speak loudly."
This is not the first time that Napheesa was being overlooked for such awards.
In 2015 I believe it was @DavidinNaples who made the case that Collier should have been named MVP of the FIBA U19 tournament-that award ultimately went to A'Ja Wilson.
Napheesa's historically efficient sophomore season reference above @Sluconn Husky only amounted her be named AAC Co-player of the year. While being co-player in any conference is a great accomplishment it does not help when a co-POY is competing for national awards.
It is a function of this short attention span, sports center age we are living in, where consistent, great, and quiet will likely lose out to occasionally great and loud.
I agree with you! A big game on ESPN on Monday & an unopalogetic statement how she believes she is the best in the country could make for an interesting race. However, not sure it’s in her blood, which is what we’re waiting for out of someone on this team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom