Adamec: CD and Mickie should be...fired! | The Boneyard

Adamec: CD and Mickie should be...fired!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Carl reaches back to an olde story about Geno and Pat agreeing on something.
Geno and Pat were watching the 2000 USA 18U team scrimmage in Colorado Springs.
It seems that Alana Beard [Dukie] was torching everybody and Geno turned to Pat and said that CD and Mickie
should be canned for not recruiting her....Pat agreed.

From teetering on the cliff of being fired to getting in the HOF!

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Alana Beard has had an amazing career and at 35 years old is still an elite defender (2017 WNBA Defensive Player of the Year). If Gabby wants a player her size to emulate on the court, Alana would be a great choice. She has overcome potential career-ending injuries and has come through them in terrific physical shape. Yeah, she would have been a Geno fav and a legend at UConn (as I'm sure she is at Duke).

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Alana Beard has had an amazing career and at 35 years old is still an elite defender (2017 WNBA Defensive Player of the Year). If Gabby wants a player her size to emulate on the court, Alana would be a great choice. She has overcome potential career-ending injuries and has come through them in terrific physical shape. Yeah, she would have been a Geno fav and a legend at UConn (as I'm sure she is at Duke).

As a Alana Beard fan, I could not agree or appreciate your post more. I posted a comment about Beard a month ago suggesting how critical Beard is to her team's success, that she is the team's leader and mentor, and that much of what she does nightly does not show up in the box score.

Gabby would be hard pressed to find another player to pattern her game and professional career after than Beard. Beard is a mature no nonsense professional that knows what she's doing, is a great teammate and gets the job done.

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
While normally the leading poster on the BY, Rocky can do it all- versatility to post, assist with links and add salient commentary and humor on subjects. He has continued to evolve his game...Way to go Ozy! .:D

images

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Rob Clough on Alana Beard, from 2011:
DWHOOPS: Duke's Greatest: #1 Alana Beard - 10/18/2011 - Duke Women's Basketball

Rob explains why Alana is the best player to ever put on a Duke jersey, but also highlights what made her such an amazing teammate and person.

Thanks for the post and the link. I had not read that piece before. As I read it, I kept thinking that the accolades and superlatives used here about Beard, could very easily be said about Gabby. In place of long arms, you could substitute leaping ability. After reading this piece, my opinion that Gabby could use Beard as a target role model target with respect to work ethic and skill set enhancement and longevity has been further reinforced. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
As a Alana Beard fan, I could not agree or appreciate your post more. I posted a comment about Beard a month ago suggesting how critical Beard is to her team's success, that she is the team's leader and mentor, and that much of what she does nightly does not show up in the box score.

Gabby would be hard pressed to find another player to pattern her game and professional career after than Beard. Beard is a mature no nonsense professional that knows what she's doing, is a great teammate and gets the job done.
We partisan Huskie fans also have her to thank in large part for one of the fondest Diana memories. The “call me” game at Duke was prehyped as a showdown between the two stars, the same game where I believe Geno riled the news crowd up with the quality of restaurants they’re waiting tables at line.

Reaction Score
I used to watch games in which Beard played against UConn and really, really worry. She was so good at what she did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom