Adamec: a new name to consider....2016'er? | The Boneyard

Adamec: a new name to consider....2016'er?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Carl has a summary article of the 16U tourney in Monday's JI....I can't find a link to it.
He says that Geno should be taking a look [if he hasn't already] at Lauren Cox....a rising soph...6'4"
...from Texas. Lauren was third on the team in scoring [11.8], tops in rebounding [8.8] and tops in blocked shots [3.5]. She had 10/12/9 in the gold medal game.

BTW: The USA has now qualified for the 17U world championships next summer....I assume a lot of these kids will be on that team....notably Asia, Katie, Lauren [maybe mulkey?]. Hopefully the competition will be better.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I imagine Geno is looking (or aware anyway), but they've still got a lot of work to do on 2014 and 2015 first.

Reaction Score
Thanks Blakeon...
I have been following Lauren Cox for about a year. Ever since I saw a training film of her at 14 years of age. Mature beyond her years, has plenty of size and strength already, and throws a mean outlet pass. I had heard that she may want to stay in the Southwest, but things can change in a hurry with maturity. Especially if Geno and UCONN come calling ! I like this girl !

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Carl has a summary article of the 16U tourney in Monday's JI....I can't find a link to it.
He says that Geno should be taking a look [if he hasn't already] at Lauren Cox....a rising soph...6'4"
...from Texas. Lauren was third on the team in scoring [11.8], tops in rebounding [8.8] and tops in blocked shots [3.5]. She had 10/12/9 in the gold medal game.

BTW: The USA has now qualified for the 17U world championships next summer....I assume a lot of these kids will be on that team....notably Asia, Katie, Lauren [maybe mulkey?]. Hopefully the competition will be better.

This is great news. I watched her and was more impressed with every possession. I remember thinking that I hadn't heard her name in connection with UConn so I didn't think we were involved, but I'm happy to hear we are looking at her.

Reaction Score
UCONN womens BB gets people to do weird things..............Like become a National Champion and a AA.........Plus, nobody is on National TV like UCONN........NOBODY!!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This is great news. I watched her and was more impressed with every possession. I remember thinking that I hadn't heard her name in connection with UConn so I didn't think we were involved, but I'm happy to hear we are looking at her.
Well blake doesn't say Adamec said Geno "was" looking at her, rather he should be if he hasn't already. Adamec doesn't seem to know.

But I assume he will. But probably not real close until they are done with the 2014/2015 classes. Or at least the 2014 class.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Well blake doesn't say Adamec said Geno "was" looking at her, rather he should be if he hasn't already. Adamec doesn't seem to know.

But I assume he will. But probably not real close until they are done with the 2014/2015 classes. Or at least the 2014 class.

Yeah I got ahead of myself, but when Carl speaks, Geno listens (I hope)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yeah I got ahead of myself, but when Carl speaks, Geno listens (I hope)
I hope so too. Well at least in this instance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom