Adama Sanogo | The Boneyard

Adama Sanogo

Reaction Score

Love to see Adama getting some national attention. His potential for this season is through the roof

RJ Cole said in an interview that the team expects him to move onto some draft boards this year if he does what he’s been doing, so he’s another player poised for a jump this year.

Reaction Score
The "Might have the deepest front court in college basketball," overshadows the whole article for me. Man Hurley has done some work! Not too long ago we were worried if we were ever going to be able to recruit high level frontcourt players again. Deepest in college basketball (even if it's not but just the consideration) AND look at what's coming in next year! Going to be a great year

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Props to Rothstein for posting something not behind a paywall. Adama is going to bring it this year. Love that he's slimmed down a little more. He's still able to physically dominate most of the Charmin-soft guys that pass for centers now, but should be a bit quicker. I expect his baby hook to be a money shot, and think we will see him add some facing the basket skill, including attacking off the bounce.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
interesting that only 5 bigtime schools (UConn, ucla, duke, arizona, and baylor) are on the list. what's it mean? idk, but still very interesting. mebbe there is a lot more talent out there, and very good teams, than we are led to believe.

Reaction Score
He looks like a big bruiser which I sort of think of as strong and powerful but not particularly fast. In addition to the footwork, what surprises/impresses me is seeing him driving from the perimeter, or running the open floor. He is unexpectedly fast. The guy is fast fast.

Reaction Score
From what Chief has observed, Adama is a really hard worker. He does things the right way to get better.

Reaction Score
Is he using the glass? I swear if he can master that he will be unstoppable.
That’s a good point, gives his shot a higher trajectory and is more difficult to block. I didn’t notice a lot of bank shots, although I wasn’t honestly looking for that. I was looking for dunks around the basket, and he did seem to have that as a goal. I also notice a really soft touch on his jump hook and his off shoulder creates space for that. The good thing is there’s some good shot blockers in practice, so that should prepare him well for games. He also displayed a mid game pull up shot that flows off his hand. One thing that jumps out at Chief about Adama is his hands - strong yet soft.

Reaction Score
That’s a good point, gives his shot a higher trajectory and is more difficult to block. I didn’t notice a lot of bank shots, although I wasn’t honestly looking for that. I was looking for dunks around the basket, and he did seem to have that as a goal. I also notice a really soft touch on his jump hook and his off shoulder creates space for that. The good thing is there’s some good shot blockers in practice, so that should prepare him well for games. He also displayed a mid game pull up shot that flows off his hand. One thing that jumps out at Chief about Adama is his hands - strong yet soft.
In the first person with solid info / observations. A useful post I applaud. Similar observations on other players would be welcome by at least me.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
There’s no way anyone has a deeper front court than us. Samson Johnson, a top 50 prospect, is like 4th in line behind the reining freshman of the year, defensive player of the year, 6th man of the year at the stretch and a healthy Akok. I don’t remember a UConn team with this kind of depth at forward. Good problem to have.

Reaction Score
It looks like he has slimmed down a little bit in the vids that have been circulating around this summer. If true.. When combined with his continued commitment to SnC and skill development. His explosion to the hoop and around the hoop will almost be unstoppable.

And as noted-Practicing against our shot blockers can only help his game.

Was one of the few Bigs we had last year that could consistently handle passes into the post and convert those opportunities.

Reaction Score
Sanago will be a beast. I'm sure he has been working on increasing his range. He will get to his spot and1 year smarter less fouling.

Just not the fast twitch muscle guy.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
A lot of people have been asking who our go-to player is going to be this year. I think it'll be Adama, especially if he shows that he can pass it well out of a double team.

Reaction Score
Sanogo will be a beast. I'm sure he has been working on increasing his range. He will get to his spot and1 year smarter less fouling.

Just not the fast twitch muscle guy.

Reaction Score
There’s no way anyone has a deeper front court than us. Samson Johnson, a top 50 prospect, is like 4th in line behind the reining freshman of the year, defensive player of the year, 6th man of the year at the stretch and a healthy Akok. I don’t remember a UConn team with this kind of depth at forward. Good problem to have.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That’s a good point, gives his shot a higher trajectory and is more difficult to block.
I'm harping about the glass because I see him beating his man often inside but too away far to dunk. It's harder to judge the touch coming off a battle. Off glass just gives you so much more margin for error, another arrow in the quiver.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
A lot of people have been asking who our go-to player is going to be this year. I think it'll be Adama, especially if he shows that he can pass it well out of a double team.
He’s shown glimpses of being an exceptional passer.

Reaction Score
He’s shown glimpses of being an exceptional passer.
Chief likes the Bigs to have good hands and Adama has that covered. He needs to economize on fouls. I believe that sometines limited his impact. Chief believes Danny has started two freshman for a good part of their freshman year. Bouknight and Sanogo. That tells you something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom