2021 Recruiting: - Adama Sanogo | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Adama Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Needs to be priority #1 moving forward. You don’t find too many kids with his size and skill. His hands are excellent he catches everything.

The more I watch him play, the more I love his game. Great size/frame, fluid athlete, moves his feet well, finishes, and rebounds. If they can somehow get him to reclassify, he’s gotta be the top priority.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Could follow UConn greats Ray Allen and Kemba Walker to wear again the Celtic green

Reaction Score
I like him a lot. Used both hands inside, great timing on rebounds, quick jumper, runs like an athlete, good hands. Works hard.

Definite upside.
Runs like an athlete. ThT made me lol thinking how much of a contrast that is to our current starting big.

Exactly what you want in a big man. Love the Jeff Adrien, Dejuan Blair types. Physical, not super tal but quick/light on their feet and can defend bigger, athletic bigs. The thing that scares me a little bit about a guy like Cliff is: will he rely too much on his athleticism? This kids skill is clear and seems like an immediate impact player at the next level.

Reaction Score
The quickness can not be taught. Upfake then go up and score, no figuring out what to do with the ball, puts pressure on the defense. We need him.

Reaction Score
Can anyone tell me about the game against cliff? Did he really dominate him that bad or was something wrong with cliff?

Reaction Score
Can anyone tell me about the game against cliff? Did he really dominate him that bad or was something wrong with cliff?

I couldn’t find the full game replay, but here are the highlights from that game. Gonna keep looking, I wanna watch it myself. But from the stat line and other people that were there, it sounded like Sanogo dominated Cliff.

Reaction Score
I'm not trying to be that dude. But any chance we hear anything before the season is over?

Reaction Score
I'm not trying to be that dude. But any chance we hear anything before the season is over?
Would be nice but unlikely. He's not even a 2020 recruit as of now so will take some time to decide to reclass

C

Chief00

Needs to be priority #1 moving forward. You don’t find too many kids with his size and skill. His hands are excellent he catches everything.

He is very high priority. Chief has seen him play twice and I really like his game. Really like an athletic Big with good hands. When you think about some of our Bigs issues that often doesn’t get the attention it deserves. Good hands are one key to rebounding, catching and strong offensive moves around the basket.

Reaction Score
Has anyone actually seen anything about him possibly reclassing? I’ve seen people speculate on it but never heard him bring it up as a possibility

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting the Roselle/Patrick Highlight clip. At 2:01 Cliff & Sanogo are standing together and you can easily see Cliff is physically is more like Whaley than a true low post big. At Hoophall, Sanogo & Cliff played in different games. The basket Cliff scores in this game rising and stuffing, was the exact and only way he scored at Hoophall. Moreover, he did not show anything as the rim protector being reported. I really came away thinking Whaley was actually better than Cliff in terms of next year. Sanogo on the other hand is powerful, diversified, aggressive, and even got 7 steals at Hoophall. A team needs another player like Akok to protect the rim, but Sanogo is among a handful of bigs rated 40 too 200 that can move the needle for our team whether next year or the year after. (I'd love somebody to go to a Putnam Science game and report whether their 3 bigs are all as good as I thought they were when I saw them vs New Hampton)(Especially Elijah Hutchins-Everett)

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Saturday Feb 8th Putnam Science beat The Patrick school 79-66. Anybody see that game? Sadly, it looks like the 7'0 Russian kid at Putnam has committed to Texas Tech which wasn't the case at Hoophall per the program. That leaves 7'0 Gray, 6'11 Hutchins-Everett, and the 7'1 kid that was injured.

Reaction Score
Saturday Feb 8th Putnam Science beat The Patrick school 79-66. Anybody see that game? Sadly, it looks like the 7'0 Russian kid at Putnam has committed to Texas Tech which wasn't the case at Hoophall per the program. That leaves 7'0 Gray, 6'11 Hutchins-Everett, and the 7'1 kid that was injured.
No thanks. We're in really good shape with Sanogo and Etienne and they are better.

Reaction Score
To me - while talent is always important, it's really more about whether the talent fits. And to me - he's the precisely the kind of guy we've totally lacked for the last few years. He reminds me A LOT of Jeff Adrian but just better, frankly.

Like Adrien - he's athletic, extremely physical - does an excellent job of facing the basket and utilizes a really strong first step from the high post to make his way to the basket and score around the rim. He's got incredible rebounding ability. He's strong, always lurking and trying to make things happen - particularly on the offense glass and plays with a real intensity.

What he has over Jeff is he's just... bigger. He's 6'9, where Jeff was undersized.. He has better hands and overall touch and I believe a slightly longer wingspan, too.

When I watched him, I thought he played defense well, but there's clear weaknesses and holes there. He goes hard on the glass and loves being posted up. But he has a really hard time staying in front of guys who aggressive ball-handling forwards. He's quick, but he lacks lateral quickness on defense if that makes sense. But on this team - you can really live with that with Javonte Brown Ferguson's length and then Akok, Springs, etc lurking down there. It's a def. hole in his game he's gotta work on, but like I said - you can live with it given the composition of what'll be around him.

But yeah I mean - he'd be the guy i'd be all over and then some right now. I like him so much more than Cliff I almost don't know where to start - not just as a basketball player - but as a fit here. He ate Cliff alive last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom