Adama Sanogo v. Jeff Adrien | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adama Sanogo v. Jeff Adrien

Reaction Score
Adrien was a warrior, his nickname but he was never a POY candidate like Sanogo. I’ll be happy though to have either one on any team I’m building.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
In my Casual Fan (tm) opinion, Jeff didn't attract as much attention from the opponents.

Doubling Adama is pretty central to most of our opponents' game plans.

Reaction Score
I was watching the Stanley Robinson Dunk Mix in the favorite plays thread, and saw a lot of Adrien play in that video.

I feel like their playing style is extremely similar.

I understand that Adama is a superior offensive player, and has developed a 3 point shot. But adrien was money from 15ft and a 3 point shot would never be allowed by JC in that era. Adrien was clearly the superior passer. They are both undersized for their position but use excellent footwork to make up for that disadvantage.

Also, Adrien averaged 15 ppg and 9rbg his junior year, on a stacked offensive team similar to this seasons team.

Thoughts?
If Sanogo wants to play in the NBA he should watch Adrian
Sanogo is a better athlete but needs to establis Jeff’s face up game. Especially his mid range jumper
He is quicker than Jeff and has a better handle.
Sanogo’s has a nice eye and touch but his three pointer is a novelty.
I believe Sanogo’s handle with work
will allow him to get to the hoop at the next level
Jeff is a different player however good model for Sanogo.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I loved Adrien more than anybody from the time he was an energy big off the bench as a freshman to the time he was a grizzled vet popping 15 footers at the elbow.

But they are wildly different players.

Sanogo is bigger, more athletic, muchhhhh more skilled, and a better shooter.

Adrien was smaller and less skilled, so he relied on toughness and physicality as his calling card.

If you could somehow transport Adriens lust for physical contact and domination into Sanogo, you are talking about completing the package there

Reaction Score
A big part of the value Adrien had was his energy and demeanor that helped fuel those teams his Junior and Senior year. I remember whenever UConn had a Big East road game Adrien would swing his elbows out after his first rebound to set the tone early.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
King Kong Japan GIF

Reaction Score
Is this like dividing by zero?
As the resident math teacher, A+ response @Letsgohuskies11

Jeff Adrien was an absolute warrior, but Adama is an All American candidate. Different levels.
Never wanting to miss a Post/Handle/Avatar opportunity, this is the most accurate post on this thread.

I graduated UConn one year ahead of Adrien and fell in love with his style of play the first time I saw him live (just checked his game log: Adrien went for 11 points, 8 rebounds and 4 blocks in just 18 minutes in his home court debut against Texas Southern!)

His backbone style of play fits exactly the type of players I tend to like on my favorite teams: Ryan Lindgren of the Rangers, Dexter Lawrence of the Giants, Nestor Cortes of the Yankees...talented, hard working players who do the yeoman's work and put the team above their own accolades.

I love Sanogo too. He's awesome. He seems like a great guy. He also has yeoman characteristics.

But I can't compare these two. Adrien played PF alongside Hilton and Thabeet. Sanogo is on his own island on the post (unless we have Clingan play PG alongside him???)

Maybe Alex Oriakhi is a poor man's Sanogo? Whatever, I'm very poo poo about comparing players, in general, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom