Adama Sanogo Highlights | The Boneyard

Adama Sanogo Highlights

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is DH's most important recruit to date
He had to show that the system can recruit a "quality" BIG in order to compete in the NBE
AS is the first of hopefully many more to come

Reaction Score
the cheerleaders reaction every time he scores on cliff is priceless. He worked him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So excited about this kid; his potential is obvious. Once Hurley gets his hands on him for a year or two he'll turn into a beast.
That's part of the fun about being a fan now. We have confidence that he will get coached up. Hurley has the plan and staff in place to make it happen. Only two years in and we are back to firing on all cylinders.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Just having a guy who can catch and finish through contact will be huge for us. Granted the contact he finished through were high school kids, but once he makes the adjustment to college play I think he'll be able to finish.

The beauty of next season's team it will have so many options to score. If I am Cole or Gaffney, or maybe Jackson who like to dish as well, I am excited about it. I think we maybe a very tough match up for people, speed, ability to finish at the rim, and 5 guys who can score. The one weak spot maybe 3 point shooting. I think we will be good enough to keep defenders honest and not clogging the paint.

Reaction Score
Not really a high flyer. But that isn't the most important thing.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Not really a high flyer. But that isn't the most important thing.
I like his athletic upside a lot more than Carlton for example, he has better mobility, feet. But that isn’t his strength right now. He’s very fundamentally sound and has great instincts. He never moves that pivot foot, he anticipates rebounds very well, he boxes out about as well as i have seen from a high school kid. He’s a kid who does winning things. He will be an outstanding college player.

Reaction Score
You all make excellent points about the many strengths to his game - his hands, his finishing around the rim, his rebounding, his shot blocking, and the fact he goes to finish with a dunk whenever possible (how many times did we yell and scream at Carlton to finish with a dunk during games in the chat room over the last 2 years??? Too many to count.

There is one other strength I see from these clips that none of you have mentioned yet - but could be the most important to the team. Notice how when he gets a defensive rebound, he looks to pass IMMEDIATELY. Get the ball to the wing and get his team into transition. We haven't had a big who has had that innate ability to turn and get the outlet pass and start our transition game like this in years.

He is the most well-rounded big man we have brought into the program since at least Alex Oriakhi... maybe even Jeff Adrien, as several have pointed to.

Please God, let there be a season next winter! We are going to LOVE watching this young man play for our Huskies.

Reaction Score
Another thing I love about his highlights above, he acknowledges a good pass from a teammate. Quite often when you watch this when he turns and heads back he finds the passer and points to him. Sign of a good teammate, not a selfish kid.

Reaction Score
I hope he becomes a Jeff Adrien clone

That would be shortchanging him. He has much more upside both because of his size and the fact he's only played basketball for 6 years. I liked Jeff but AS just seems so ready to play at a high level in spite of his limited experience.

Reaction Score
You all make excellent points about the many strengths to his game - his hands, his finishing around the rim, his rebounding, his shot blocking, and the fact he goes to finish with a dunk whenever possible (how many times did we yell and scream at Carlton to finish with a dunk during games in the chat room over the last 2 years??? Too many to count.

There is one other strength I see from these clips that none of you have mentioned yet - but could be the most important to the team. Notice how when he gets a defensive rebound, he looks to pass IMMEDIATELY. Get the ball to the wing and get his team into transition. We haven't had a big who has had that innate ability to turn and get the outlet pass and start our transition game like this in years.

He is the most well-rounded big man we have brought into the program since at least Alex Oriakhi... maybe even Jeff Adrien, as several have pointed to.

Please God, let there be a season next winter! We are going to LOVE watching this young man play for our Huskies.

Great point about his passing, especially out of double teams.

BUT, is it legal for a big man to be able to drive, pass, rebound, make floaters, layups and dunks?

Reaction Score
That would be shortchanging him. He has much more upside both because of his size and the fact he's only played basketball for 6 years. I liked Jeff but AS just seems so ready to play at a high level in spite of his limited experience.

I mean he obviously has more upside with his size. Jeff was an absolute beast and I was meaning for Adama to play like him. I wouldn’t say shortchanging because I would take Jeff Adrien on any team

Reaction Score
I mean he obviously has more upside with his size. Jeff was an absolute beast and I was meaning for Adama to play like him. I wouldn’t say shortchanging because I would take Jeff Adrien on any team

I agree with both of you here. Jeff was a player we haven't had the likes of really since. AS seems like he can be all of that plus as the watchdog says his size can add to this plus he already has a nice left which Jeff never had. But one thing Jeff did get better at was the 10-15 foot jumper which eventually had us happy he was shooting them. Hopefully with time AS will also find that range and shot. It seems he pushes the one hander for now so he will need to get an elbow jumper, time will tell. No matter this kid is player we haven't had for a while, in some potential ways never.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom