Adama Sanogo appreciation thread | The Boneyard

Adama Sanogo appreciation thread

Reaction Score
In a game the team needed to win, the best player came up huge. 26 points and 9 rebounds while limiting kalkbrenner to 9 points.

Down two midway through the second half Sanogo goes on a 8-0 run that ends with him drawing kalkbrenners third foul and sending him to the bench. It allowed Hurley to rest his star so he’s fresh at the end. The game was never really in doubt the rest of the way.

UConn doesn’t win the game without that performance.

But what really showed what Adama is made of his him diving on the floor for a loose ball up 10 with under a minute to go.

Can’t say enough about Adama’s effort, his will and carrying his team to an important win.

Reaction Score
It’s easy to get frustrated by what happens when defenses send doubles, but today was a good reminder of why every single team he plays for the rest of his college career needs to send a double

He’s unstoppable. He gave up 4 inches of height to Kalkbrenner and ripped him to shreds.

GREAT game from our star player.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Tremendous game from our best player. These performances are expected from him, so he doesn’t get his proper due when they happen. He’s proven to be a problem when he’s single covered.

In the future, he needs to give his all on defense and the boards when the extra attention shuts him down. His overall game seems to suffer when he’s frustrated on that end.

Reaction Score
There are only a few players in the country who demand a double every single time they touch the ball. Sanogo is one of them.

It's laughable we had fans on this board posting there are players "considerably better" than him in the conference just this morning.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hey Adama…

Thanks Thank You GIF by Sound FX

Reaction Score
UConn doesn’t win the game without that performance.

But what really showed what Adama is made of his him diving on the floor for a loose ball up 10 with under a minute to go.

Can’t say enough about Adama’s effort, his will and carrying his team to an important win.

LOL according to Donny, you could have switched Adama & Kalkbrenners performances and the outcome would have been the same.

Still can’t believe he said that!

Reaction Score
This game shows the difference between him and other bigs in college basketball. He can facilitate the entire offense and be the engine which is something you just dont see with centers often

Reaction Score
LOL according to Donny, you could have switched Adama & Kalkbrenners performances and the outcome would have been the same.

Still can’t believe he said that!
Sad thing is, I think this was Donny trying to compliment UCONN somehow

Reaction Score
I love his leadership by example. He believes in himself and wants to be the rock for the team. I think if he can get his passing out to the perimeter when he's doubled by the end of the year it could be huge for us. Love that he used his muscle to body up Kalk.

That 3 he hit later in the game yesterday was huge.

Reaction Score
He showed tremendous patience when kalkbrenner stood him up in some post sequences. The only thing he really has to work on moving forward is recognizing when the double team is coming and to kick it out for the open shooter
Didn't read your post and I wrote the same thing. You can do it Adama!

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I love his confidence. Most guys even if they had worked all off season on their 3 and were hitting them in practice wouldn’t have the huevos to take the in game ones in big spots that he does.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
I love his confidence. Most guys even if they had worked all off season on their 3 and were hitting them in practice wouldn’t have the huevos to take the in game ones in big spots that he does.
And he has hit some huge 3s this year for us. I know a lot of guys talk down on him taking 3s, but he keeps his defender honest and forces them out of the paint when he hits those. It also seems that his percentage is pretty good for a guy who never shot from there before.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
I think it also breaks the other team a little or takes the proverbial wind out of their sails when our center hits a big time 3.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
And he has hit some huge 3s this year for us. I know a lot of guys talk down on him taking 3s, but he keeps his defender honest and forces them out of the paint when he hits those. It also seems that his percentage is pretty good for a guy who never shot from there before.
At this juncture of the season, he's hitting at 39.3% from deep. Oddly enough, so is Jordan Hawkins, albeit with a larger sample size.

Reaction Score
What I loved is that he showed no signs of hubris. You know in his heart he wanted to have a great game, but he stayed patient, let himself get his points in the offense without forcing much and stayed within himself for the most part. The only bigs I've seen with his kind of foot work are McHale, Duncan and Olijawon, and Sanogo needs it more because he does not have their size. But he stays patient.
I still wish he would draw more fouls.
Still, being around him and facing him everyday even here on out is only going to make DC a better player. If DC can learn some of that footwork and patience, man he's going to be something truly special.

Reaction Score
At this juncture of the season, he's hitting at 39.3% from deep. Oddly enough, so is Jordan Hawkins, albeit with a larger sample size.

Hawkins would be closer to 70% had he taken the 3s Adama has so far.

Reaction Score
One metric:

Sanogo led the Huskies on Saturday for most times getting me out of my seat to applaud.

This one writer ranks Sanogo #5 on his Player of the Year rankings (and he's even a Pitt guy!)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom