Adama Sanogo’s family home in Mali collapses | The Boneyard

Adama Sanogo’s family home in Mali collapses

Status
Not open for further replies.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Adama Sanogo’s family home in Mail collapsed after severe thunderstorms. The NCAA allows for gofundmes in situations like this. It you can, donate here:

Note: Asked to take it down.

Last edited by a moderator:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Will you repost his social media telling us Not to donate?

I don't use instagram. This is the screen capture posted.

E50AAEE5-BBB8-41E2-B4C0-359457D28618.jpeg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow, if somebody made that whole thing up, it is such a crappy thing to do.

Reaction Score
Wow, if somebody made that whole thing up, it is such a crappy thing to do.
Yes it’s up around $25,000 at this point. If someone scammed all this money they’re a scumbag

CL82

Reaction Score
Yes it’s up around $25,000 at this point. If someone scammed all this money they’re a scumbag
There’s got to be a method to claw back that money.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Likely not a scam. Could be well intentioned, but not needed.

Reaction Score
This situation is so bizarre. It seems crazy that the gofundme could be initiated without Adama's consent. Who knows, though. Maybe someone talked to him about it and he misunderstood and offhandedly gave his approval.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I don't understand how no one in the Athletic Department has said anything publicly to clarify the situation. How are they so bad at PR. People want to help him if it's needed but now the legitimacy of the entire fundraiser is in question.

I email someone in the ADs office. No reply yet.

Edit: Just got this reply from UConn:

"Thanks for writing, Tom. Yes, this is legitimate. It apparently originated with a small group of people, but made it to social media shortly thereafter. Adama did put something out on Instagram thanking people, and saying something to the effect that enough had been done and no more money was needed for his family to repair/rebuild the home. "

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
From below, on the Ath Dept:

We laugh (and cry) about how dumb this all is, but the thing is; they are not actually stupid.

@August_West I used to think like you, but... This isn't a great look...

Reaction Score

"Thanks for writing, Tom. Yes, this is legitimate. It apparently originated with a small group of people, but made it to social media shortly thereafter. Adama did put something out on Instagram thanking people, and saying something to the effect that enough had been done and no more money was needed for his family to repair/rebuild the home. "
So it seems like a language barrier on the Instagram post. He wasn’t saying he didn’t need any of the money but rather what was sent was enough.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I don't understand how no one in the Athletic Department has said anything publicly to clarify the situation. How are they so bad at PR. People want to help him if it's needed but now the legitimacy of the entire fundraiser is in question.

It's summer break and a holiday week. Likely short staffed.

Reaction Score

Yeah seems like it started with high level donors - first few were from guys like Peter Werth and there was an anonymous $7500 donation. And then got out to social media.

Reaction Score

Well now I feel terrible I asked gofundme for my money back

CL82

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
So it seems like a language barrier on the Instagram post. He wasn’t saying he didn’t need any of the money but rather what was sent was enough.
Adama’s first language is French. He is serviceable in some others but not without pitfalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom