Adama reminds me a lot of Zach randolph | The Boneyard

Adama reminds me a lot of Zach randolph

Reaction Score
He needs to get into more fights during practice before I compare him to the Kobe Stopper Stopper

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I think Adama might have dunked the ball more in the last two games than Randolf did in his career. He was a space eater for sure. I remember him as having more of a Barkleyesque body type than Adama's more chiseled look.

Reaction Score
Zack was one rugged hombre. Wasn't he the one who told Cousins that he bullies, bullies.
One of my favorite nba highlights ever. Showed boogie was just a bully and didn’t want any smoke. I saw a video of Rudy slapping Cousins while he was getting interviews and daring him to do something. Made me happy.

Reaction Score
He needs to get into more fights during practice before I compare him to the Kobe Stopper Stopper
Hahah took me a second to get this reference about Ruben Patterson, great call. Those teams were wild, while the C's were terrible I always found myself pulling for the Blazers. Sabonis, Rasheed, ZBo, Pippen, Shawn Kemp, Steve kerr, Shrempf, bonzi wells, stoudamire, etc etc. Just an absurd collection of guys, I loved watching them back in the day. Kerr has had some great stories about that team

Reaction Score
Curious where the experts see a guy like Adama in todays NBA? Is he a potential draft pick?

Reaction Score
Hahah took me a second to get this reference about Ruben Patterson, great call. Those teams were wild, while the C's were terrible I always found myself pulling for the Blazers. Sabonis, Rasheed, ZBo, Pippen, Shawn Kemp, Steve kerr, Shrempf, bonzi wells, stoudamire, etc etc. Just an absurd collection of guys, I loved watching them back in the day. Kerr has had some great stories about that team
Kobe Stopper Stopper is one of my favorite sports knicknames

Reaction Score
Curious where the experts see a guy like Adama in todays NBA? Is he a potential draft pick?
As sir Charles says there are no experts.

6’9 is on the short side for a center. Good hands and “feetwork” make him an elite post scorer but he’s not quick on D or an elite shot blocker for a big without extended range

Maybe Marvin bagley. His strengths were also post scoring and rebounding while not being a shot blocker or 3 point shooter. Then again that’s Probably why he can’t crack the kings rotation…

Reaction Score
Zack was an automatic inside the paint both as a scorer and a rebounder, but not much of a defender and was an iso, ballstopper type. The Knicks got rid of him because he and Curry ate up too much space.

Then, he went wild when he was traded to the Grizzlies and had lots of good years there. Adama should work on his passing otherwise the comparison to Zack in this area will be on point.

So far, looks like Adama is a better defender. Will have to see how he performs against better competition over time, to see if he really compares to Zack.

Reaction Score
If you want an expert opinion, you've come to the wrong place. ;)

IMHO, I don't think his game translates to the NBA. I think he's about 2-3 inches too short for the 5, and I don't think he has the range/athleticism to play the 4.

If he can develop a repertoire similar to Julius Randle he's got a very good chance at a long NBA career. But Randle is far better than Sanogo outside of the paint.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If he can develop a repertoire similar to Julius Randle he's got a very good chance at a long NBA career. But Randle is far better than Sanogo outside of the paint.
including averaging 5 apg

Reaction Score
If you want an expert opinion, you've come to the wrong place. ;)

IMHO, I don't think his game translates to the NBA. I think he's about 2-3 inches too short for the 5, and I don't think he has the range/athleticism to play the 4.

agreed. another guy i have been comparing him to is isaiah stewart on the pistons -- similar size and build, but stewart is an elite athlete and sanogo is relatively groundbound. in the nba these days, undersized bigs typically have to be incredible leapers (see: robert williams on the celtics) or dynamic shooter-passers (see: al horford on the celtics).

that being said, i think sanogo has a shot to get drafted if he has a dominant season here.

Reaction Score
For physicality maybe he can be compared to Taj Gibson who does not shoot 3 pointers and is not a high level scorer.

Reaction Score
Very similar physical size and game. I hope our guy has the same career.

I also am really warming up to Akok at 6-9 as a late first rd pick if his health and play stay like this
Sort of but Zack could hit that long and mid range shot

Reaction Score
Very similar physical size and game. I hope our guy has the same career.

I also am really warming up to Akok at 6-9 as a late first rd pick if his health and play stay like this
The footwork and pace around the rim gives Hakeem feels. No he’s not the dream, but I haven’t seen any big as comfortable using baby hooks over either shoulder with all the shakes and pumps like he does. And no traveling. Imagine amidah or ao even Dre trying this. His drives to the rim with the ball show this as well. And steals!! That was an Olajuwon trademark. Same hgt I believe too. That should be his model if it isn’t.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
adama seems to be developing a bounce attack from the right side. for now, he's a 'handle from the right' biased player. as this grows moving forward, it can be the difference maker against bigs like, for eg, that michigan guy, and the sh guy. if he is coached to really develop a serviceable handle attack, along with his 'softer than room temp butter' shot, well, it's all very promising for his future.
as much as i like josh, one play last night pointed out a significant difference between adama and him. tyrese busts a drive down the right, everrone thinks he's going to the rack. instead, at the last moment, he fires a 5 foot pass to adama standing next to the rim. at his knees no less. ol soft hands sanogo catches it without so much of even a fumble, and goes bunny bucket.
impressive.

Reaction Score
The footwork and pace around the rim gives Hakeem feels. No he’s not the dream, but I haven’t seen any big as comfortable using baby hooks over either shoulder with all the shakes and pumps like he does. And no traveling. Imagine amidah or ao even Dre trying this. His drives to the rim with the ball show this as well. And steals!! That was an Olajuwon trademark. Same hgt I believe too. That should be his model if it isn’t.
Olajuwon was 7 feet. During his prime, he could score 30+ on a given night. Was a totally dominating player.

Nice if Adama can score close to 20 per game this year. We'll see where his talents take him.

Reaction Score
Olajuwon was 7 feet. During his prime, he could score 30+ on a given night. Was a totally dominating player.

Nice if Adama can score close to 20 per game this year. We'll see where his talents take him.
Again NOT dream. But a model. Poor man version.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I bet Sanogo will struggle mightily to score tomorrow. He’s very easy to prepare for and limit offensively.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom