Adama 50/50 on coming back | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Adama 50/50 on coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who's to say Clingan wouldn't benefit from Sanogo returning? Sanogo's presence this year might have masked many holes in Clingan's game we do not yet know he has. There is no guarantee playing Clingan 30+ minutes a game next year won't hurt his draft stock.

Reaction Score
Can’t speculate. But that may not be an issue. Hurley knows what’s going on with these guys

Assuming this would bump Karaban down to the 3 for some of his minutes
As much as we love him, I think Karaban has to come off the bench. But quickly; no later than the first TV timeout. Then Sanogo and Clingan take turns getting a rest.

SJ is the guy who will be most affected, in my opinion. Tough to see where he will get minutes.

Reaction Score
AS and DH have to get AS a mid range game and better handle if he comes back. He can't go into the NBA without either at his size. He needs to be quicker on his feet and think he can do so without losing 20 lbs.
That's why going in this year's draft will be speculative for him - all due respect to Ray Allen
20 lbs is way too much for him to lose. There’s a reason he dominates guys down low. We don’t need a Josh Carlton repeat here. Lose 10 lbs at the most, work on lateral quickness and a quicker release on the jump shot, that’s pretty much it. No way is he losing 20 lbs because he’s all muscle.

Reaction Score
If any of the UConn twitter dweebs begging Sanogo to leave are reading this thread, you whiney dorks are embarrassing and a horrible representation of the fanbase. I can only pray he ignores you losers.
thank you. twitter thinks clingan is ready to play 35 mpg.

sanogo comes back, plays 22mpg at the 5 and 5mpg at the 4. clingan plays 18mpg at the 5.

clingan ups his stock and goes to the nba as a lottery pick, sanogo uses covid year and comes back for 2024-25 season while getting sunoco bags and goes down as the greatest uconn player of all time while second year singare backs him up. everyone wins.

Reaction Score
20 lbs is way too much for him to lose. There’s a reason he dominates guys down low. We don’t need a Josh Carlton repeat here. Lose 10 lbs at the most, work on lateral quickness and a quicker release on the jump shot, that’s pretty much it. No way is he losing 20 lbs because he’s all muscle.
Agree. His main problem is needing to prove that he can reliably hit an NBA 3 point shot and be able to drive to the hoop on occasion and finish at the rim. He showed flashes of both this year, but needs to do it at a higher volume. He has decent athleticism and elite strength, so he should be able to guard most NBA 4s pretty well. He can definitely work his way into a late first round pick in 2024.

Reaction Score
Who's to say Clingan wouldn't benefit from Sanogo returning? Sanogo's presence this year might have masked many holes in Clingan's game we do not yet know he has. There is no guarantee playing Clingan 30+ minutes a game next year won't hurt his draft stock.

Reaction Score
I’m think about the OMax’s/Kaluma’s of the league/country. Against guys like Freemantle yeah fine. Adama’s foot speed is good, but he isn’t as quick as stretch 4s like them. It’s not a huge issue at all, just something that would need to be worked on if the pieces fell this way.
And Adana would have a decent rim protector behind him.

Reaction Score
I think a big factor that no one is talking about is AS's family in Mali probably also wants him to finish his schooling and might as well lock in his degree. He already put 3 years into it, why not just finish out the last one?

Most basketball players can finish a degree in 3 years. He could probably walk if he wanted to.

Why are you assuming his family cares about the college degree more than getting his money? Do you think Adama's family is so obtuse that they don't understand he can't finish his degree later and make a CRAP TON of money now and possibly allow his entire family to never work again by the time he's 30? He could make a million or more next year and finish his communication studies degree online or later after he's retired.

My wife has a Ph.D. and a law degree. I have 2 master's degrees and have been a teacher for a decade. My house is very pro-education. You better believe if my kid has the skillset to make a million dollars a year playing a stupid game I'm going to tell them: "f%*^ college, go get your bread, kid. Dad wants an early retirement."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As much as we love him, I think Karaban has to come off the bench. But quickly; no later than the first TV timeout. Then Sanogo and Clingan take turns getting a rest.

SJ is the guy who will be most affected, in my opinion. Tough to see where he will get minutes.
Nah. Clingan can come off the bench. Alex is more valuable. But as others noted, Adama would play some at the 4. It would cut Alex's minutes (which needs to happen) and really impact Johnson as you mentioned. He would indeed be most affected. But Alex could also play some 3, which would impact both Jackson and the freshmen forwards.

Reaction Score
I think a big factor that no one is talking about is AS's family in Mali probably also wants him to finish his schooling and might as well lock in his degree. He already put 3 years into it, why not just finish out the last one?
3 years plus multiple summer sessions on campus. Could be close to a degree right now. Agree it could/should influence his decision.

Reaction Score
Switching positions is tough. Freeman played the 4 when we won in 99. He came back and played the 3 -with much less success- as he tried to improve his NBA stock.

Adama was exposed by Providence when he played his only extended minutes at the 4. Not saying he can't improve. Young men certainly do get better. But he is so natural and powerful at the 5, it makes sense to keep him there.

This is what's know as a first world problem. Other teams would love to be in this position. However, it is something that Hurley needs to figure out as he needs to get Clingan close to 25 minutes a game next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom