Adam Amin ESPN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adam Amin ESPN

Reaction Score
It is not the job of the play by play man to reign in the color analysts. That is the job of the producer. Play by play does exactly that, P by P. If Lobo and Lawson want to talk about restaurants and the relative merits of guards over forwards, that's on them.
Well, except for the fact that he doesn't actually DO the Play by Play...I have to go up on the internet to find out who the foul was on.

Reaction Score
He and Remy are great together for the Sox. I was really mad when Boston decided to get rid of Orsillo but O'brien has won me over in a short time.

Agreed. And he's just as good with Dennis Eckersley. In fact, late last season when Remy came back early from cancer treatment there were eight or so games where NESN tried a three man booth with O'Brien, Eckersley and Remy. The chemistry among them was superb, so good that it garnered mentions in regional media, and proof that two analysts and a play by play can sometimes work, at least in baseball. I hope they do that again on a regular basis this year, and that Steve Lyons returns to the studio for the pre and post game shows.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agreed. And he's just as good with Dennis Eckersley. In fact, late last season when Remy came back early from cancer treatment there were eight or so games where NESN tried a three man booth with O'Brien, Eckersley and Remy. The chemistry among them was superb, so good that it garnered mentions in regional media, and proof that two analysts and a play by play can sometimes work, at least in baseball. I hope they do that again on a regular basis this year, and that Steve Lyons returns to the studio for the pre and post game shows.

I agree 100%! They had a great chemistry together and very rarely talked over each other. It was also great to have 2 former players in the booth able to tell stories of when they played. NESN has a great 3 man team right under their nose and I hope they are smart enough to use them.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well, except for the fact that he doesn't actually DO the Play by Play...I have to go up on the internet to find out who the foul was on.
It was kind of tough for the P by P guy to get a word in edgewise with those two at his elbows, nonetheless stay on point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom